Become a Patron!

1.2 or 1.3 ohm build that will work great with a omega rda

I just got a omega RDA with 28g wire. At the moment im running it on a smoktech sid vv mod, i just need help on what to build coil wise for this RDA and this mod please help!!!!!

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi and welcome to VU! I hope you enjoy your time here :)

Awe, the SID...it's been awhile since I've seen one...it's a classic. Running an old 15 watt device like that you're looking at building a single coil build with 28 gauge...by the time you wrapped enough wraps to do a dual it would take forever to ramp up. I would suggest starting with a 2.4 or 2.5 mm drill bit and make a microcoil with 7 wraps. That is the coil I use in my kayfun. It won't win you a cloud contest by any means but it is a good starting point to get a baseline reading on how you would like your coils built. That will tell you if you would like a coil with six wraps or 8 or if 7 is your magic number and if the inner diameter of the coil I suggested is for you. Honestly, IMHO, that is about the best place to start. If you don't have a ohm's checker other than your mod I highly suggest you get one asap...it's essential for building any coil, whether or not your building a sub ohm or above ohm coil you need an ohm's meter....anyways the coil I suggested will come out to 1.4 or 1.5 ohms....should be a good sweet spot...I run it at about 12.5 watts. Give it a try and tell me what you think.

Also, when you go to wick it....you need to use the right amount of cotton...this is something that has to be "felt" out and will take a couple of tries to get it right. You want just enough cotton that when you got to wick it you just want a slight resistance as you pull the cotton threw...if you try and thread it and it starts to pull the coil along with it than you are using too much wick and it will not work. By the same token, if you're pulling the wick threw and it goes threw with no resistance at all then you don't have enough. Too much wick and you'll "choke" the coil and it won't be able to wick properly and burn the center of your wick inside your coil...Too little wick and the cotton will collapse inside the wick again won't fill out the coil and again burn itself out and give a week vapor.

Good luck building and let us know how it turns out :)

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I just got a omega RDA with 28g wire. At the moment im running it on a smoktech sid vv mod, i just need help on what to build coil wise for this RDA and this mod please help!!!!!
As @madmonkey already pointed out, 28g wire will not ramp up fast enough with the SID for a dual coil build. If you really want a dual coil to work on the SID, you can try 30g kanthal, although I suspect it will take 32g to get it to work well. I used 32g exclusively for a long time with my older 11-15 watt mods, worked pretty well.

Good luck!

VU Sponsors