Become a Patron!

1.8ohm tank with easy to rebuild coil

Chris Edward

Member For 1 Year
I would like to get something like a drip coil with a nice big area to work with for the coil, but all of these heads seem to be sub-ohm and I am not looking for huge plumes of vape, I have found that 1.5-1.8ohms works for me. So, I would like to stick my current eGo batteries.

Does a 1.8 ohm rebuildable drip-style coil tank exist?

I have looked and so far what I have found seems to be only sub-ohm or like 1.0ohm or less.

I would prefer to stick with between 1.5 to 1.8 ohm.

I feel stupid asking this but, here goes….

Could I just recoil a sub-ohm head with a 1.5-1.8 ohm coil and use this on an eGo pen?
Most of the sub-ohm tanks I have seen so far have been 510 threaded so they should fit and theoretically if I put a single 1.8 ohm coil (or two 3.6 ohm coils), wouldn’t this be the same thing as the 1.8 ohm single use coils I am buying currently?
I suppose the dual coil idea would use more current and this could cause issues with the battery, but wouldn’t the single coil be the same?
The current coils I am using are Kanger dual coil heads anyway.

Has anyone else done this?

Is there a video out there that explains how this can be done?

I have seen videos where people rebuild their Kanger coils and while this may be fine and all, I am not comfortable doing this. I need a little more wiggle room…
Which is why I like the drip heads so much.

I would rather be able to rebuild my coils than the current route of buying them every two weeks which is just a nuisance and getting to be expensive…

I appreciate any help on this, thank you!!!

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The best thing would be to buy a MTL tank. MTL is mouth to lung. I know kayfun use to be the king of MTL rebuiltable tanks. Look around there is a MTL thread somewhere on here.

Chris Edward

Member For 1 Year
I am using a Kanger Protank3 currently.
My issues with it is that the coils leak more and more as the coil ages until finally it dumps a ton of fluid into the battery area.
The coils for these cost about $2 each before shipping and last at most 2 weeks.

I would prefer something I could rebuild...without a microscope.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@The Cromwell,
Thanks,
I figured if I used the right wire and wick, I could essentially use the same equipment but at higher ohms and less wattage.
As long as you keep the ohms around 1.5 or above it should work. How well is another matter with the limited power of an ego battery if you use a big tank you may just get mostly air instead of vapor...
There is somewhat of a relationship between wattage and atty size.

Chris Edward

Member For 1 Year
As long as you keep the ohms around 1.5 or above it should work. How well is another matter with the limited power of an ego battery if you use a big tank you may just get mostly air instead of vapor...
There is somewhat of a relationship between wattage and atty size.

I am not a cloud chaser, so I am fine even if no smoke is produced.

VU Sponsors