Become a Patron!

1 Coil vs 2 Coils

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I came across a situation today I am unsure of, & wanted to try to find the right answer. I've got some coils called Double Dragon coils, using round & ribbon A1 Kanthal, running at .45 per coil. I was told that for my RBA's, my Vulcans, Dark Horse, & Magma's, I should only run a single coil because it will double my battery life, & increase the flavor & intensity of my juices.

If I run dual .45 coils, it will bring my ohms down to around a .23, which will result in a massive loss of flavor, and kill my battery life exponentially. I've never went below .45 before, but I was using duals for a combined ohm of .45. So does anybody know if this is correct, or was my info a bit off? I thank you for any help or advice in advance.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It will bring your resistance down to about that figure. If you are running on a regulated device, you do have some control over how much power you give them. On a mech it will shorten the life on a charge. But you may blow bigger clouds if that is a goal. As far as flavor goes, yes generally lower and hotter is less flavor. But there are other factors such as the chamber in a particular atty and the juice you are using. At some places you can buy juice with extra shot of flavor.

By the way, pictures.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coils are a think what you want & try it affair. The variations are in your own mind. I make juice too wake up by, use a 26650 Kayfun on a 26650 Mod. Rock on Venom on a Box mod Zero Gravity @ 25 watts. It's all yours, Just have too find it :cool:

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It will bring your resistance down to about that figure. If you are running on a regulated device, you do have some control over how much power you give them. On a mech it will shorten the life on a charge. But you may blow bigger clouds if that is a goal. As far as flavor goes, yes generally lower and hotter is less flavor. But there are other factors such as the chamber in a particular atty and the juice you are using. At some places you can buy juice with extra shot of flavor.

By the way, pictures.
Well I don't want to lose the flavor, that is the main idea. I've tried using regulated mods, but felt it was a pain to have to keep tweaking everything to find that "perfect" spot, which seemed to constantly change. So I went to mechs, just push the button & vape. Build my coils at or in the range of the best flavor possible & continue. I have always used tube style mods, & currently have 2 FUhattans that are my main ones. After alot of reading & consideration, I bought a handmade unregulated parallel box mod which is on the way to me.

Now I know some will say that all that is getting you is another battery & extended charge time, but I'm hoping that with the right coils, & the mech box, I can finally achieve what I have wanted all along, & that is the right coils, the right mod, & the satisfying taste & flavor I need. I don't know right now if I will stay with the single coil build, I just feel I'm missing out on something with one coil only. It's just simply put a quest to find what I want, & how far am I willing to go to find it......:cool:

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had a single 1.0 ohm coil in my derringer RDA with good flavor and decent vapor. I wrapped my first duals out of 26g on a 2mm screwdriver and they came to .32 ohms, the flavor and vapor are through the roof! It's a lot hotter vape but I like it! Try the duals, you'll like them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors