Become a Patron!

1 week old

vapexin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello,
It's been a week since i quit smoking and started vaping. Been a chain smoker mourned 6-8 cigs of Mal reds a day for the last 15 years. Have quit cold turkey many times but have replaced, this time it feels i might actually pull it through.
I was lucky enough to get have a local store here who were very helpful in getting me started. They hooked me up with a Kangertech nebox which I have been very pleased with. The juice is berry with 6mg nicotine. The nature of my work (technology c-level) demands me to be a little more discreet about what I carry around and the nebox meets my need.
I have read in a few places that its better to have a second device just as back up and also expand. What wold you suggest to add to this? I am tempted to buy the same thing (nebox) again and keep one at work, but i think I could do better. Any pointers would be highly appreciated

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the forum and grats on quitting.

I just used two of the same device for backup. Still do. My mod and tank were working great for me so I just bought another of each. But, I think allot of people usually try different ones looking for better performance.

USMC8497

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello, welcome and congratulations!

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The nebox is a neat little device. Shame it doesn't have a 510 connection on it. That really limits what you can do with it. It's cool that you can still build coils for it, though. I would highly recommend giving the RBA coil base on it a try some time. Plenty of people here will be happy to help get you up and running building your own coils and getting your own tailor-made vape. Guarantee it'll change the whole game for you.

The problem is that once you start getting into building your own coils, you start wanting to try all sorts of different rebuildable atomizers, and there is a staggering variety of them out there - none of which you will be able to use on the nebox.

Some people are going to disagree with me here, but I think that if you're sure that you're gonna be vaping full-time at some point... ...as in, no longer vaping to quit smoking, but rather continuing to vape because you enjoy it, then I'd recommend getting a high-powered dual 18650 regulated device. Maybe something like a Sigelei 150, Snowwolf, or IPV4.

That class of devices has more power and features than you'll likely need at first, but they are so versatile and durable that you will not need to upgrade in order to progress from the beginner-level vapes to the highly-advanced ones for a very long time... ...they suit vapes for people of any level of experience equally well. Any of those ones I mentioned would be the last power device you could possibly need to buy in order to experience all that vaping has to offer for at least two years.

They have the safety features and ease-of-use that newbies need and all of the high-tech features and power that a hardcore enthusiast could ask for. It's an investment that will save you a lot of money trying to find a power device that suits all of your needs. You can drop pretty much any atomizer on the market on top of one of them and get optimal performance as well as excellent battery life.

If you find the size of dual boxes to be too big for work, there are also great 75w, single-battery mods that will serve you well for a long time on your journey. The Sigelei 75w and the IPV D2 come to mind.

There are of course many different brands and models out there. I'm just mentioning ones that I know are quality.

Last edited:

vapexin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The nebox is a neat little device. Shame it doesn't have a 510 connection on it. That really limits what you can do with it. It's cool that you can still build coils for it, though. I would highly recommend giving the RBA coil base on it a try some time. Plenty of people here will be happy to help get you up and running building your own coils and getting your own tailor-made vape. Guarantee it'll change the whole game for you.

The problem is that once you start getting into building your own coils, you start wanting to try all sorts of different rebuildable atomizers, and there is a staggering variety of them out there - none of which you will be able to use on the nebox.

Some people are going to disagree with me here, but I think that if you're sure that you're gonna be vaping full-time at some point... ...as in, no longer vaping to quit smoking, but rather continuing to vape because you enjoy it, then I'd recommend getting a high-powered dual 18650 regulated device. Maybe something like a Sigelei 150, Snowwolf, or IPV4.

That class of devices has more power and features than you'll likely need at first, but they are so versatile and durable that you will not need to upgrade in order to progress from the beginner-level vapes to the highly-advanced ones for a very long time... ...they suit vapes for people of any level of experience equally well. Any of those ones I mentioned would be the last power device you could possibly need to buy in order to experience all that vaping has to offer for at least two years.

They have the safety features and ease-of-use that newbies need and all of the high-tech features and power that a hardcore enthusiast could ask for. It's an investment that will save you a lot of money trying to find a power device that suits all of your needs. You can drop pretty much any atomizer on the market on top of one of them and get optimal performance as well as excellent battery life.

If you find the size of dual boxes to be too big for work, there are also great 75w, single-battery mods that will serve you well for a long time on your journey. The Sigelei 75w and the IPV D2 come to mind.

There are of course many different brands and models out there. I'm just mentioning ones that I know are quality.

Thanks for the detailed response. Though I know nothing about building coils / rebuildable atomizers, I think I at least have an idea where I should be researching. Thanks again :)

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You will be a coil building wicking cloud machine in no time:), really though you will gradually get into it and get comfortable quick. And yes another device could be a great idea just in case, they have some other cheap starter kits that would be great for a back up, one that comes to mind is the ijust2 starter kit, 35 bucks and it's ready to go. My buddy just got his and man for the price you can't beat it.

Welcome vaping brother!!!! Remember if your feeling the need to smoke hit the shit out of your mod.....really chain vape on it, this is what got me through to quit.

Link for the I just2

http://www.vapordna.com/Eleaf-iSmoka-iJust-2-Kit-p/ijust2.htm

Also if your looking at a good vendor vapor DNA has been great, return5 for 5 bucks off over 40 and DNA10 is 10% off your order if you do order anything.

Again keep it up man you WILL quit:)

vapexin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You will be a coil building wicking cloud machine in no time:), really though you will gradually get into it and get comfortable quick. And yes another device could be a great idea just in case, they have some other cheap starter kits that would be great for a back up, one that comes to mind is the ijust2 starter kit, 35 bucks and it's ready to go. My buddy just got his and man for the price you can't beat it.

Welcome vaping brother!!!! Remember if your feeling the need to smoke hit the shit out of your mod.....really chain vape on it, this is what got me through to quit.

Link for the I just2

http://www.vapordna.com/Eleaf-iSmoka-iJust-2-Kit-p/ijust2.htm

Also if your looking at a good vendor vapor DNA has been great, return5 for 5 bucks off over 40 and DNA10 is 10% off your order if you do order anything.

Again keep it up man you WILL quit:)
Thanks again! I am glad I ran across this forum. The vapordna site looks good. I'll explore more.

vapexin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the forum and grats on quitting.

I just used two of the same device for backup. Still do. My mod and tank were working great for me so I just bought another of each. But, I think allot of people usually try different ones looking for better performance.
Yeah I might end up doing that was well. I like the fact that the tank and the mod are in one unit and concealed.

vapexin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As follow-up I was told that the coil will need to be replaced anywhere between 10-12 days. How do I know that the coil needs replacement? Will it stop working altogether or is there some other indication?

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I second what Disco Bob said about the I just 2 ....I have three,one to covet,one to display/use and one to day to day with....Great starter for the price!....Z

vapexin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I second what Disco Bob said about the I just 2 ....I have three,one to covet,one to display/use and one to day to day with....Great starter for the price!....Z
thanks I did like the Ijust 2 any other suggestions for day to day?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Efun.top has the Cloupor Mini 50watt or the Joyetech Evic VTC Mini 75watt for $28.00 each. You will have to get a tank, so I would consider the Kanger Subtank Nano/Mini or maybe the Sense Herakles. Either combo will cost under $50.00, and should last you awhile. Then lastly, you will need an 18650 battery(ies), a good pair of LGs or Samsungs would cost less than $12.00. Both the Cloupor and Joyetech decvices have mini usb charging, so a good battery charger would be something you might want down the road. As you can see, all in one devices are definitely simpler as a starter kit, but if you plan on moving forward in this endeavor, you do have options. Good luck, and welcome to VU.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought the original poster needed to be discreet?
I really wished Sin City Mods were still around.

can_mod.jpg

Seeing as they already have the NeBox I suggest that they use that for work and get whatever they want for home.Pretty much sky's the limit.
But considering how new they are honestly maybe something like THIS.

High Wattage Device - Check
Comes with a Tank - Check
Temp Control - Check
Easy to for Noob - Check
Works for both Right/Left handed people - Check
Comes with Extra Coils - Check
Cost - $ 69.88
Bookmarked Page so I could get 1 later - Check

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Definitely suggest the ijust 2 as well, can be had for like $30 with a tank, the eleaf coils aren't great, but since u can use "Atlantis" coils that opens up a ton of options. Something like a kbox mini might be a good choice as well, i own both and while it's nice to be able to adjust my wattage with the kbox I find myself using that little ijust 2 battery a lot. Starting off with the nebox is great tho and I'm glad the shop sold u something affordable and simple and not some mech mod and an rda for your first setup. I've been vaping like 2 yrs and I still use nothing but subohm tanks, and I'm just fine with that.

vapexin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Definitely suggest the ijust 2 as well, can be had for like $30 with a tank, the eleaf coils aren't great, but since u can use "Atlantis" coils that opens up a ton of options. Something like a kbox mini might be a good choice as well, i own both and while it's nice to be able to adjust my wattage with the kbox I find myself using that little ijust 2 battery a lot. Starting off with the nebox is great tho and I'm glad the shop sold u something affordable and simple and not some mech mod and an rda for your first setup. I've been vaping like 2 yrs and I still use nothing but subohm tanks, and I'm just fine with that.
Yeah, I am glad as well that they sold me something not too complicated. I like the 1 just 2 too! How about the Kanger SUBVOD? It seems kind of similar to the I just 2

vapexin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I feel care less about being discreet now and I leave the nebox to sit proudly at my workspace :D
IMG_0541.JPG

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The coils aren't too bad on the I just, buddy vapes like a madman, his coil lasted about 10 days, BUT he lets it go further than I would:)

Whatever you decide just remember

YOUR NOT SMOKING!!!!!

No matter how much money time and effort you spend its better than going back.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How about the Kanger SUBVOD? It seems kind of similar to the I just 2
It's just a bigger Evod with minimal power upgrade I'd skip it there's way better options.I'd still like to know if you plan on using the new mod for home or work?

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not all computers have protected usb ports.Don't charge from it unless you know your pc has protected usb ports.

VU Sponsors