1 year later.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know this isn't exactly scientific, but I quit cigarettes exactly 1 year ago today thanks to vaping. And while I started with basic vape pens, I use drippers now, and obviously still vape.
So, this is just a bit of personal testimony about the vaping me versus the smoking me.
I was told my average blood pressure, just before quitting smoking, was in 'stroke territory'.
My wife woke me up crying several times because my coughing during my sleep woke her up constantly.
I couldn't smell a teenager saturated with Axe body spray from 10' away.
My pulse was faster than most Techno beats.
Smoked 2 packs a day for 26 years.

Now I'm no longer on blood pressure meds. I don't cough all night. I can actually discern the fact that Axe is obnoxious from across the street. My pulse yesterday was 63 (resting)

Vaping has likely saved my life.
Just to make sure the point hits home, I turn 39 on April 16

Last edited:

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know this isn't exactly scientific, but I quit cigarettes exactly 1 year ago today thanks to vaping. And while I started with basic vape pens, I use driers now, and obviously still vape.
So, this is just a bit of personal testimony about the vaping me versus the smoking me.
I was told my average blood pressure, just before quitting smoking, was in 'stroke territory'.
My wife woke me up crying several times because my coughing during my sleep woke her up constantly.

Now I'm no longer on blood pressure meds. I don't cough all night. I can actually discern the fact that Axe is obnoxious from across the street. My pulse yesterday was 63 (resting)

Congrats man, I think a vape anniversary gift is in order.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm more of a giver. But thanks for the thought.

Zanaspus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Congrats on your milestone, Cigarettes bad, nicotine good.

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Congratsbluecupcake.gif
You started smoking in 1989 at 13, I bet that's a good story. Cheers to your healthier life and happier wife.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome Happy Vapversary!!!!

congratulations58_zpsmxbluigo.gif

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Hey CB.. Congrats .bit belated. but I am proud of you!! :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
WTG and a hearty congrats to you!

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats ! It's always good to hear testimonial like that forget all the scientific stuff.

BlackRibbonMist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know this isn't exactly scientific, but I quit cigarettes exactly 1 year ago today thanks to vaping. And while I started with basic vape pens, I use drippers now, and obviously still vape.

Wow! Congratulations Man! Isn't it so nice to BREATHE, SMELL, TASTE, and Not be a ticking time bomb? My husband was getting into the stroke range so I understand how your wife could have felt. I couldn't breathe or taste as well as developing Cancer Some thing had to be done with both of us. It is so wonderful to hear of another who can finally be free and enjoy it! Wishing you the best and will be your cheerleader! Take Care!

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First, congrats on a year... Having quit smoking many times, many different ways (cold turkey included), yours is quite an accomplishment. I was a 2 pack a day smoker for almost 30 years before vaping. I stopped a few times, sometimes for as long as 3 years but always came crawling back, usually after drinking while tailgating at a football game or something the likes of.

As far as health goes, I can say this... I only started vaping about a month ago. Since the day I bought my setup I have had maybe one pack of smokes. About 15 of those were just what I had left when I bout the vape and it took me a week to get through them as compared to 2 packs a day. Since then, I have had about 5 smokes. That is typically when I'm out in a bar and get a buzz and decide I want one. Usually about half way though the cig I realize I didn't really want it, put it out, and start vaping again. My results (so far) are:

• My sense of smell and taste almost immediately returned.. within a couple of days.
  • My heart rate has gone down substantially (from an average of 87-90 bpm to about 70-75 bpm. It has been as low as 65 when at rest, and I expect it will drop further as time goes on.
  • My heartbeat is regular again. When I was smoking I got to the point that about every 5th beat my heart would skip a beat; it was noticeable to me and made me nervous. Not anymore.. It's like clockwork now.
  • I sleep better at night. No more waking up and coughing my head off, and no more waking up to light a cigarette in my sleep (yes, I actually did this).
  • When I wake in the morning, my lungs are much clearer. I used to wake up and cough for about 10-20 minutes, sometimes to the point that it felt my lungs were on fire and my airways had swollen up; I couldn't breathe without sounding like I was dying. Hasn't happened once since I started vaping.
  • My wife is happier with my, how shall I say, "performance" as of late. Fellas, for those of you who didn't know, a happy wife = a happy life... Trust me on this one.
As far as other benefits it's the normal stuff:

• The house doesn't stink of cigarettes. Normally we didn't smoke anywhere in the house other than our bedroom but we all know how cigarette smoke can migrate.
  • No ashtrays to deal with.
  • More room in my pockets.. Not carying smokes and a lighter around anymore.
  • I can "stealth" vape in my office and nobody knows... try that with cigarettes.
  • My clothes don't smell like an ashtray.
  • My car smells much better and no longer has little bits of ashes all over the place that made their way back in the window when flicking them.
  • And last but not least, the money saved. I was smoking about 2 packs a day on average, and out at the bar on weekends I could smoke 3 packs in a 4 hour period easily. My habit alone was costing me about $320 a month, not counting picking up smokes for my wife from time to time.
So all in all, it's been a grand-slam home run for me. I'm about to be 43 and I'm happy with the change I've made thusfar. Have already dropped my nicotine level to half what I started with and it hasn't really bothered me. Hell even if I do get down to zero nicotine, which I may never do, I will still probably be vaping just because I like going through the motions.

Anyway, rock on and keep up the good work! I'll go ahead and dedicate this wall of fog Sucide Bunny OB hit to you... Cheers!

VU Sponsors