Become a Patron!

15 Blinks on Smok priv v8

Hello everyone, im creating this post cause i need help.

Basically, yesterday i accidentally dropped my Priv v8, my tank glass didn't broke so i thought nothing happened but whenever i press the fire button, it blinks 15 times. I found a temporary solution (i think), basically when i press on the battery cover and press fire button, it seems to work fine, but it'll only work if i keep pressed it, whenever i try to vape without doing so, it blinks 15 times. I don't think it's a battery problem, maybe my mod is broken.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Make sure the ends of your batteries aren't pushed in.
That usually happens when dropping a mod.
If they are pushed in, don't use them anymore.
Could be dangerous.
Cables come loose inside the board on those company mods, they use enough solder to simply hold a wire...... Falls shake and break all that shit inside......

I dropped a Smoant Cylon from a (6) foot ladder on a concrete slab...... The batteries flew out and I said WTF..... But put it together and works fine......

Maybe the Post Tension Slab cushioned the fall ......
ecdab72c4ab414df6e5f03fb509c0115.jpg
bd2cc2a9edfac1a6927796f9530c6f1f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @HaTTa and I hope you enjoy your stay~!~

Sounds to me like one battery is not making contact either because a pushed in contact or dent in the battery. Depending on the dent could be a concern or not. I have been using dented Cells for years and another member once said if he didn't use dented cells he wouldn't have batteries to use. Good Luck

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome @HaTTa and I hope you enjoy your stay~!~

Sounds to me like one battery is not making contact either because a pushed in contact or dent in the battery. Depending on the dent could be a concern or not. I have been using dented Cells for years and another member once said if he didn't use dented cells he would have batteries to use. Good Luck
We need to see pictures to determine the extend of the damage..........

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We need to see pictures to determine the extend of the damage..........

"Depending on the dent could be a concern or not."

I already said it needs to be determined if you read my post. I quoted it so you can easily see what I already said.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If the LED light blinks as below that means in normal working:

1. 8 seconds protection: the white LED light will flash 5 times when vaping for

longer than 8 seconds, and the battery will automatically shut down the output.

2. Short circuit protection: if a load short circuit is detected, the white LED light

will flash 4 times and the battery will automatically shut down the output.

3. Low voltage protection: when battery capacity is lower than 3.3V, the LED light

will flash 15 times and the battery will automatically shut down the output. Please

charge in time.

If the LED light keeps blinking or lighting, then it should be malfunctional. Please try to contact with us:

Here is for you reference: https://www.smoktech.com/support

VU Sponsors