Become a Patron!

$175 for an Alien 220 & Blazer 200?!

DDarko

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Seriously I just saw someone on Craigslist selling his black/black Alien mod and Blazer 200 tank for $175. I messaged him to find out if people actually pay that and someone bought it from him for $160! I was staggered by that. I mean the Alien kit is like $60...so I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people are really dumb and don't shop around. So if u want to make good money selling ur vape gear I'd try CL cuz apparently people on there don't buy stuff online (which doesn't make sense cuz it IS online). Another person sold a Kanger 200, TFV8 and Cleito for $150 all used with no coils or batteries. I know, it's just absurd. At least now I know there are idiots that will pay 2x what I paid for my vape gear lol.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you're saying I should sell all my current gear on CL then I'd be able to buy twice as much?
Wow, where would I put it all....

Unfortunately you are correct.
There are many unfortunate souls out there that do NOT research anything.
The first place they find something they buy it.
Sometimes they over pay because they trust the source.
While I have gotten to know quite a few people here in this forum I can assure you that even if my own brother assured me he was selling an item at an awesome price, I'd still look for alternate sources to verify current pricing.
Not because I can't afford it, but because I always want to feel like I am getting a deal.
When not buying retail, each party needs to walk away feeling like they were treated well.
That's considered a "win-win" and should always be thought of as the ONLY way to deal.

DDarko

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I heartily agree. And I'm the same way, I research everything before I make any purchase, be it vape related or otherwise. Still tho, $175 for an Alien and Blazer, that's just ludicrous

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is nuts. I'm with Paratech, I research things. Maybe a little too much lmao, finding the deal is like the thrill of the hunt sometimes. That said while it may be a good place for folks to sell their stuff at higher prices than they'd get elsewhere I've gotta be able to sleep at night. I couldn't sell off stuff for a huge rip off as much as the profit sounds nice. I'm not really a 'people' person but I don't view them as a bunch of schmucks either.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not everyone knows to research online for stuff, or doesn't think about it. I'm extremely internet savvy and do almost all of my non-grocery shopping online. But when it came time to make my first couple of purchases for vape stuff, I went to our local brick and mortar store for advice. They were very helpful and very friendly, spending ages answering questions and helping me out. I walked out after my second visit with an Alien 220w and a 30ml bottle of juice for $100 and thought that was a great deal. Until I thought to look online. :oops:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What else is new? The web is full of crappy/old/outdated/defective/fake/overpriced crap of all sorts and full of clueless people to buy it.
Like they say "there's a sucker born every minute".

Last edited:

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We just had this conversation on here about letgo too. There's people that claim an rx200 with a cloud beast costs them $200....so they list it for sale for $180...and people actually buy them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VapingGuitarist

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I have a mint used iStick 200 I should put on CL for $150.00 and see if I get any suckers uh I mean buyers. LOL
But then again, I have too much of a guilty conscience to rip someone off.
Shawn

DDarko

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I couldn't really rip someone off badly but I have no problem charging what I paid for something or about what a vape shop would charge.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So really, what's the difference when someone lists USED here, for as much/more than new? It happens, and folks are on both sides of the fence if you ought to even say anything about it.

VU Sponsors