Become a Patron!

18350?

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've only ever used Sony 18650s. I'm buying a device that uses 18350. Could someone recommend a brand/model? Also I'm not sure about the safety and limitations of 18350s.

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
AW owns the 18350 universe. I have 8 of them and have sent 3 Efest '350s to the great battery disposal in the sky over the span of time I've been using them.

AW '350s are rated at 6.8 amps continuous, so I wouldn't recommend building lower than .8 ohms. Technically you could do .7, but you're going to murder those batteries at low resistances. If you build lower than .8, be VERY careful and monitor the heat buildup closely. Again, I would NOT recommend it. My '350 builds are around 1.2 - 1.5.

Vape safe!

Last edited:

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Efest has some new purple 18350's now that are pretty good. I hear

Posted from NARFatalk!!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Sub-ohming with 18350's in an unregulated device is an invitation for unhappy times for you.....great hilarity for those out of blast range. I heartily agree with retrox in that you really should keep your resistance at 1.0+

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven't tried the purple Efests, but I have heard good things. I gave up on the red Efests after two of the six I bought wouldn't charge above 3.7v less than two months after I started cycling them.

I still have a couple of AWs that I've been using for well over a year still charging to 4.19v and holding up like champs.

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wasn't planning on sub ohming with them. I wouldn't see going below 1.2.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a few of the purple efest's and they actually last longer than I anticipated..

the rtdvapor AW's are great as well.. don't know how they stack up to each other though

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What is the mAh rating on the Efest batts?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The purple Efests are rated at 700mAh.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
no one that i know makes a longer lasting 350. The biggest or mah is 800 for an EH one. Not that I would recommend any 350 for under .8. Now there might be some bigger but from the well known brands I think 800 is the biggest. I have not tried the purple 350s yet. Are they as good as the AWs????

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kidney Puncher did an efest vs AW 18350 test: http://www.kidneypuncher.com/18350-battery-tests/

Winner was AW. Not sure if they used the red efests or the purple. I've not had good luck with the red efests -- fail to take a charge after just a couple of months of use, whereas my AWs are still going strong. I've only been using the purple efests for about a month but so far they have been very good -- longer life than the AW and and higher amp limit.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I remember that test, problem now is it was the red ones and I know those are not as good as the AWs. Would love one done with the Purple 350s. Hell, I would love a 1000mah but think the battery is too small for any more mAh...

RoccoV

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The one area people never discuss is charge cycles. The AW's will always outlast all others. Enjoy the day!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I remember that test, problem now is it was the red ones and I know those are not as good as the AWs. Would love one done with the Purple 350s. Hell, I would love a 1000mah but think the battery is too small for any more mAh...

Granted that I don't know what the heck I am talking about, but if 18350's sold as well as the 18650's do I imagine the manufacturers would find a way to step up the mAh rating to get the lions share of the business. I mean if we can find some good 18650 2500 mAh batts, and 18350's are half the size, wouldn't a 1000 mAh plus battery be conceivable?

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you would think so, but size does matter with batteries. The 500s are just 1000 to 1200mAhs so there that is. I guess we will need a new tech to make higher mAhs... I heard R/C batteries are really good but not enough studies yet to prove one way or another. Hobby Kid talked about them a while ago elsewhere. Seems he may use some... being old I can't remember. laughs

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually the chart shows the test was on the Purple 18350 Efests. Odd though, I have both the Purples and the AW's and in subjective use the Efests - at least mine - hit a little harder and longer. Perhaps that's just expectations IDK. The red efests are just labeled 800 I don't believe they actually are.

VU Sponsors