Become a Patron!

18650 Battery Safety

YettiBoi72

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Whats ohms should i stay at if im using a 30a sony vtc4 battery ??

Also , what ohms should i stay on also if i used lg 20a batteries for my mech .

P.S. Rda or RDTA?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In my general and humble opinion you can do alright going down to around 0.20 Ω for the 30 Amp Sony VTC 4. I would be cautious of going much lower. I do not write this to alarm or frighten you, simply common sense advice you can freely dismiss if you so choose. For the 20 Amp LG I would stay around 0.30 Ω or above. The same standard disclaimer/s apply, not trying to alarm or frighten here either. Other folks may suggest other advice, it's up to you to take what you need and leave what you don't need.

RDA or RDTA, up to you & what you like. :) I enjoy RDAs but have used Evod style tanks, Gennies.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Whoever told you the VTC4 is a 30A battery has got it wrong. The VTC4 is 20A, not 30A. This is the CDR (Continuous Discharge Rate) of the battery. Although technically, there are no hard safety numbers (you are still responsible for your own safety), the recommended resistance for both the VTC4 and the HG2 in a single battery mech for safe vaping is maximum .19 ohms. As for RDA vs RDTA, that is purely a subjective choice. Some like the fact an RDTA will hold more juice whereas, personally, I, strictly use RDAs for the best flavor.

That said, for vaping on a single 18650 mech, I recommend the VTC5A (not to be confused with the VTC5). It is a 25A battery, and, the maximum recommended safety limit for a single 18650 mech on it is .15 ohms. People vape at lower ohms than these recommended safety limits. We can talk about how they do it without causing a battery to vent, but I think I'll just leave it here for now... until you respond back.

VU Sponsors