Become a Patron!

18650 car charging

Hello,
First time posting here and wanted to know if there were any car charging options available for charging our 18650s??

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Alot of chargers come with a car adapter.. like my efest luc for example.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Most Efest, Nitecore and Xtar come with car adapters. Some of the el cheapo ones may not.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I personally wouldnt use a car charger... but to each his own.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You want to be around your batteries while they are charging so you can act quickly is somthing goes wrong. Also the heat on a summer day cant be good for batteries. I never leave any batteries in my car for more than a few minutes. I just dont want to be the guy who made vaping look bad, so I try to be as safe as possible.

D

Donald Bickers

You want to be around your batteries while they are charging so you can act quickly is somthing goes wrong. Also the heat on a summer day cant be good for batteries. I never leave any batteries in my car for more than a few minutes. I just dont want to be the guy who made vaping look bad, so I try to be as safe as possible.
ok I understand,,,i would never leave them un attended,i was curious,,,Thanks

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have two Efest chargers LUC and the version with the X molded into the case. Both can be powered from a 12V cig lighter socket and I just find that perfectly appropriate. Strangely, I've never used them in my car. But I've charg'd 18650s on two of my motorcycles using either these chargers or the USB charging port I installed.

I spend plenty of weekends in the saddle. I picked chargers with built in protections which I have trusted enough to ensure I had a next battery when I needed a next battery.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Of course not. I was thinking more along the lines of being on a long trip....

Surgikill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You could always get a cheap inverter for your twelve volt car port so you can plug in a regular battery charger

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But...they won't charge unless you're car's turned on. Therefore, it's more than likely you'll be in it!

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You could always get a cheap inverter for your twelve volt car port so you can plug in a regular battery charger
Most chargers run on 12v DC and use an AC converter in the home. Yes some don't but more do than don't of current models.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a nitecore d2 while i travel. Works exacty as if it were plugged into the wall socket. But i agree with the above, don't leave the batteries in a hot car, and don't leave them when it's freezing cold either

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My Town Car has power with the ignition off and keyless entry. Push buttons on the drivers door and a code I'd never remember. They do write it down for you, inside the trunk. Rather than carry the code in my wallet I just carry a spare key.

VU Sponsors