Become a Patron!

18650 charging & Safety SMOK T-PRIV

Brachra

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have googled and googled and googled some more and frankly im exhausted and confused.

I have a 4-port charger that works for the 18650 batteries i purchased the LG HG2's.
Im seeing all this stuff about dont overcharge or throw them away, dont overdischarge or throw them away.
people rambling on about 3.7v 4.2v 3.03v bla bla bla.

So can i get an "Explained like im 5" response here please?
My charger does not display V. it merely cuts off when charged.
my mod *Smok T Priv* Does not display anything but battery life & Wattage
Is it not okay to be using it unitl the batteries drop to (empty) on the display? and then charge them once the device tells me my battery is low?
Do i really have to try to stop using them at 30-40% charge or they will explode?

Please any answer that is given be detailed and dont use too much lingo as i have no idea wtf most of it means. I just want to charge some batteries, vape, and be able to recharge them. I dont want to become some kind of Battery enthusiast and have to check the health of them every 15 seconds.

Thank you

Chum

Member For 5 Years
I always remove my cells and charge when the battery indicator is low AND the first time the mod stops firing because the battery(cells) are weak. They usually do not explode unless they are short circuited. (note: a battery is made up of 2 or more cells...1 18650= 1 cell. 2 18650's = a battery).

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Your mod is made to stop working once the batteries get down to 3.2 volts each.
This is safe.

Your charger is made to cut off once the batteries reach 4.2 volts each.
This is safe.

You are good to go and are as safe as humanly possible.

Brachra

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for the answers! I feel like this should be displayed more prominently or something, i assumed "Dead battery" indicator on the MOD meant i was hitting literally 0%.

Thank you all again

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Your mod is made to stop working once the batteries get down to 3.2 volts each.
This is safe.

Your charger is made to cut off once the batteries reach 4.2 volts each.
This is safe.

You are good to go and are as safe as humanly possible.
Safer. And to is who use them and research this becomes extremely safer. Er. Not bullet proof. Not idiot proof.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors