Become a Patron!

18650 Recommendations.

I would just like to know what the community here thinks is the best performing 18650 battery for sub-ohm vaping when using a mech mod or a box mod. Feel free to chime in with more than one brand if you would like. Thank you in advance.

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Using VTC4's of course and also Samsung 25R's, which are also really good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Sony VTC4, MXJO, Samsung 25R........and the best one under 2000 Mah is absolutely the MNKE. The Efest Purples are good...especially considering underneath that pretty purple wrapper....can be either an LG or a Samsung.

nameonawall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MNKE and Sony VTC3s and VTC4s are the best out there right now.
VTC 3's and MNKE's are the only batteries I use. Voltage drop is extremely low on the MNKE considering its price point.

I just did a lot of reading about different batteries and came to the conclusion that even though the VTC's are by specifications probably the best out there, they have been discontinued and many of them have been sitting around for years. I personally have been using 2 25R's along with an Efest and the Samsung's seem to perform slightly better. I did just buy 3 LG HE4s because the HE2s seemed to be well regarded and the HE4s are the new iteration of the battery line and seem to perform even better.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just did a lot of reading about different batteries and came to the conclusion that even though the VTC's are by specifications probably the best out there, they have been discontinued and many of them have been sitting around for years. I personally have been using 2 25R's along with an Efest and the Samsung's seem to perform slightly better. I did just buy 3 LG HE4s because the HE2s seemed to be well regarded and the HE4s are the new iteration of the battery line and seem to perform even better.
The HE4 are the same specs as the HE2, so they perform the same. The HE4's were specially made for Bosch power tool battery packs and supposedly handle high heat better. (whatever that means)

Both are great batteries in my opinion, and I use both as well as vtc5's and samsung 25r's. I honesty can't tell the performance difference in any of them. They all work great.

doughdreads

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use Samsung 25R's in my Sigelei and Purple Efest in my mech, both seem to work quite well.

battery bro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Samsung 25R and LG HE2 are the best batteries for vaping now. Sony is good, but at least half are counterfeits. Stay away from rewraps (efest, imren, etc.) as they use lower Grade cells.

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Samsung FTW.... Bought some IMRENs only to find out here that they are rewraps....

VU Sponsors