Become a Patron!

18650 vs. 26650 - bigger clouds?

DeathMeowtal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello! So I've been looking at stingray clones and they hit pretty hard. I was wondering, though, does the 26650 hit even harder? Or does the battery just last longer?

buymysandwiches

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
"How hard it hits" would be a product of the voltage the battery drains at and amp limit, not the physical size of the battery. You usually get a few more mah out of a 26650 so it will last a bit longer. I'd stick with VTC 18650 batteries until 26650 ones get better.

DeathMeowtal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
"How hard it hits" would be a product of the voltage the battery drains at and amp limit, not the physical size of the battery. You usually get a few more mah out of a 26650 so it will last a bit longer. I'd stick with VTC 18650 batteries until 26650 ones get better.
Interesting! Thanks!

MEENMAN83

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Kryptonite clone, dreadnaut gary mart clone both 26650 hit like trucks as do my golden army clone and hellfire both 18650 hit like trucks yet my 26650 blackhawk clone sucks depends on the items you're using find one that works and stop thee search cause it'll kill your pockets

Sigmardin

The Vapographer
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My 18650 cartel clone with my infinite CLT Atty hit pretty dam good using a 37A 2600mah battery

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
edit: I jumped the gun and missed that this was already stated guess its time to sign off
The good 18650 (sonys) and i think the samsung 20r and 25r too have a lower internal resistance so there is less voltage drop from the battery compared to the current 26650 available

I noticed a HUGE increase in vapor production switching between 18650/26650. At least with the Sony 50A, if you can find it. That bastard hits nicely.

I think that 18650 when not amps draw low Ohms takes the battery down making the vape nice not burning the juice 3.7 volts= happy vaper..
26650 good or a good 18650 not dropping voltage 4.2 is burning the juice = unhappy vaper.
............ We need to know this this what I see...... I'm working on this making larger coils my 24G 3 wrap to 6 wrap so juice as to not burning the juice.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
0eaafe568b8e6346231f14cb52891773.jpg

26650 batt has less voltage drop in my BFM than the same build on my sisters 18650 nemesis..26650 has higher amp limits also that does NOT burn my juice....its a great batt that goes all day on a single charge (.15 ohms). In fact, its so good I gave away all my 18650 mech mods as they became suddenly obsolete...but that's just me, lol

from Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

Last edited:
IMO When your going Sub Ohm the 26650 will outlast and perform just as good as any 18650 Battery.

Only way to know is to try it for yourself. You will see why people carry those big bastards around....lol

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I 90% sub ohm on 26650 battery ...im currently vaping on a congestus single stack,and a mutation XL 22g 3/4 wraps.. CLOUDS ALL DAY..but you still have to the ur battery LIMITS!!!
There's a lot to know to blowing clouds...
Battery specs
Mod
Atomizer/airflow
Coils
Wicking
Conductivity
Vaping posture..
I hope this helps..
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMO When your going Sub Ohm the 26650 will outlast and perform just as good as any 18650 Battery.

Only way to know is to try it for yourself. You will see why people carry those big bastards around....lol
Actually they are not that big..in fact my 26650 BFM is very compact and easy to carry even in my front pocket.. Because of the hybrid top cap it's shorter than the 18650 nemesis.. Larger diameter also makes for a comfortable grip and very easy to hit sub ohming all day long....but to each his own....
381f96a1db3abb5aacc0c15596fbcebb.jpg

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude my purple effest hits like a train!!! 26650 or 100 watts
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is both. All of them hit like a train. It's all in the build. Cheap batteries are a joke. 26650 is just as good as 100watts. View attachment 9730
I agree.. .15 ohms at 4.2v actually is 117 watts..the 32A cont/64A pulse purple 26650 Efest/3500 mAh batt is the one I use most..simply because the performance is awesome..all day long

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
0eaafe568b8e6346231f14cb52891773.jpg

26650 batt has less voltage drop in my BFM than the same build on my sisters 18650 nemesis..26650 has higher amp limits also that does NOT burn my juice....its a great batt that goes all day on a single charge (.15 ohms). In fact, its so good I gave away all my 18650 mech mods as they became suddenly obsolete...but that's just me, lol

What make (brand) 26650? BTW, like the mod, too. What is it?

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Actually they are not that big..in fact my 26650 BFM is very compact and easy to carry even in my front pocket.. Because of the hybrid top cap it's shorter than the 18650 nemesis.. Larger diameter also makes for a comfortable grip and very easy to hit sub ohming all day long....but to each his own....
381f96a1db3abb5aacc0c15596fbcebb.jpg

It's beautiful!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What make (brand) 26650? BTW, like the mod, too. What is it?
Efest batt..Bay City Vapor BFM (mod)..actually I have two now..one copper and one stainless...they both have hybrid top caps and recessed button magnetic switches..these two are by far the best performing mech mods I've ever owned yet...

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 18650 Stingray clone works quite nicely. Better than my ZNA30.
Mine has had a rough life so far, & always works. Bikers are hard on mods. Spends most of it's life in a pocket. Wipe the pocket lint off the drip tip, & Bingo. My Health standards are low.

vapopat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Kryptonite clone, dreadnaut gary mart clone both 26650 hit like trucks as do my golden army clone and hellfire both 18650 hit like trucks yet my 26650 blackhawk clone sucks depends on the items you're using find one that works and stop thee search cause it'll kill your pockets
Got the kryptonite and dreadnaut so i bought a mkne 26650 battery it so lame that i bought sleeve and i run them on vtc3/4/5 now it a great vape

vapopat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Got the kryptonite and dreadnaut so i bought a mkne 26650 battery it so lame that i bought sleeve and i run them on vtc3/4/5 now it a great vape
Got to had that since i received my clouport8 my mech are collecting dust ...

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got to had that since i received my clouport8 my mech are collecting dust ...
Your SO lucky! I love all my vape gear so much I keep them charged & loaded all the time. Then I have Vape days. Yesterday was one. Sovemesto Kayfun 26650 on my Sigelei 100w Alll day long. Vaped it 11 hours before I had to change battery's out. Tomorrow might be a Aspire on a Ego battery. I will never get tired of building coils. Making Juice is fun also. A Hell of a lot cheaper than pre mixed.
Oh, I DIDN'T DIE from smoking over 8 months now!

vapopat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Your SO lucky! I love all my vape gear so much I keep them charged & loaded all the time. Then I have Vape days. Yesterday was one. Sovemesto Kayfun 26650 on my Sigelei 100w Alll day long. Vaped it 11 hours before I had to change battery's out. Tomorrow might be a Aspire on a Ego battery. I will never get tired of building coils. Making Juice is fun also. A Hell of a lot cheaper than pre mixed.
Oh, I DIDN'T DIE from smoking over 8 months now!
Im trying to start diy but there so much i dont know what to ordre first:)

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im trying to start diy but there so much i dont know what to ordre first:)
I watched You Tube Videos. I knew there was something better than smoking. IMO 98% of the clones are just as good as the brand name ones. After awhile, you will know. Read this Forum! There is hundreds of members knowledge here. I have been burned but not often. Like they say, "It's a hobby". :D

cloudsbroclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
lots of misinformation in here! 18650 over 26550 because of lower internal resistance and lower battery voltage sag and similiar if not higher amp ratings.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lots of misinformation in here! 18650 over 26550 because of lower internal resistance and lower battery voltage sag and similiar if not higher amp ratings.
Welcome to the Forum! We all cherish information that will make our vape hobby more enjoyable & are eager to listen to anyone that chooses to help. Especially Me! I'm pretty sure I have a 26650 Mod around here somewhere. :shades:

cloudsbroclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
for sure. i am all ears. but with same build and power delivery system the max potential for first few pulls of say a vtc4 or hb4 will outdo what a basen black or an orange mnke can do. once 18650 capacity starts dropping that is when the 26550 gains and eventually overcomes.

VU Sponsors