18mg nic is too much for sub-ohm kits

Discussion in 'What NOT to do!' started by Vapescaped, Sep 4, 2016.

1. gakudzu

gakudzu Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    No problem

2. RubenAlonzo

RubenAlonzo New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hello Everyone, I am new to the forums having been gifted the SMOK AL85 by my wife yesterday and I smoked between a half-pack to almost a pack of Marlboro Reds and regular Camels for a couple decades easily. The salesperson at the vape shop REALLY discouraged me from going any higher than 12mg Nicotine in my e-juice selections and stated that the mod will kinda enhance the nicotine due to atomizing it really well (or something like that) and I should really try 12mg first, if I wasn't happy or felt it was not enough nicotine to come back and she would adjust it.

Well, I haven't had a cig since we got home yesterday afternoon and I feel fantastic really. The baby alien mod is wonderful and best of all, the 12mg Nicotine she suggested really works great! No heavy duty cravings, no sensation of wanting to light up either. I recommend 12mg to anyone trying to quit who smoked Reds or Camels, it really is satisfying.

The real test for me was this morning when I had my first cup of coffee..... No problems at all, i'm a Vaper true believer!

gakudzu likes this.
  3. geoffd

geoffd New Member

Blog Posts:
    Congrats on your success. I'm new here as well and put the cigs down 3 weeks ago when I picked up a mod and haven't smoked since. I tried 6mg for a day and it wasn't enough so went to 12 and it's working for me. Smoked 1 1/2 packs for decades.

RubenAlonzo likes this.
  4. sleepingdragon80

sleepingdragon80 New Member

Blog Posts:
    The lovely lady at my local vape shop suggested a 3 for me when I came in to get started. Plenty strong for me!

gakudzu and RubenAlonzo like this.
  5. Dex0807

Dex0807 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I did 24mg for about 24 hrs when I first started, bought some zero to cut it in half because i already had the juice. 12mg was mine for about the first three months. Nautilus tank at about 10 watts. I got bit by the vape bug not long after and got a subohm tank and I couldn't hang with the 12mg anymore. Now I DIY and mix mine at 4mg. Been off the fags for almost 2 years now.

gakudzu and geoffd like this.