Become a Patron!

1st try purge mod

DeepInTheAbyss

Member For 1 Year
SO. I get my purge mod in. Guess the 1st thing that happens? I accidentally unscrew the firing switch and the magnets fall out, they then proceed to leap 3 feet across from each other, slamming against rach other and breaking the housing magnet.
I was mad.
Anyhoo. Ordered extra magnets. 1 week later here i am. After breaking ANOTHER housing magnet, i got it fixed. But now, before i put the 21750 in, and put that atty on top, does it matter what throw the firing switch has?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Glad you have not put the battery in...................... Sounds to me like you need to do a bit more research and learning before you do. Just my opinion though but I would rather not hear you got 15 minutes of fame or heaven forbid a Darwin award.

DeepInTheAbyss

Member For 1 Year
I know everything about ohms law and battery safety, but i know different mechs have different specifications. And its my 1st real mech. I have alot of experience with regulated prior. Ive tried to search thungs but very specific things like the questions i have do not have answers on google and yahoo. So i came here for specific safety questions for the purge b2b v4. I just need to know those things and ill be good.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So i came here for specific safety questions for the purge b2b v4. I just need to know those things and ill be good.

I just feel you should know that device before you start using it and like I said previously......... JUST MY OPINION

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
SO. I get my purge mod in. Guess the 1st thing that happens? I accidentally unscrew the firing switch and the magnets fall out, they then proceed to leap 3 feet across from each other, slamming against rach other and breaking the housing magnet.
I was mad.
Anyhoo. Ordered extra magnets. 1 week later here i am. After breaking ANOTHER housing magnet, i got it fixed. But now, before i put the 21750 in, and put that atty on top, does it matter what throw the firing switch has?

Your magnets will determine the throw. I have springs in all my purges. You can buy silver springs for them. I have broken more than one set of magnets, lol. It's not that uncommon and I know my way around mechs. You really have to separate them carefully when dissembling and cleaning. I have a;lso accidentally unscrewed a firing switch on occasion. Happens. What is important is knowing how to take your mod apart and cleaning it.

Any mech functions basically the same. The coil will determine your amp draw whether it is a cheap clone or a Purge. Purges are well made. No hot buttons or burrs. As long as you use a good battery and try to stay above .1 ohm you should be fine. But mechs are a learning curve. Chain vaping a mech needs sensitivity. You have to know when it is heating up and put it down to cool. Most 21700 batteries have decent amp draw but you will find that the 30Ts hit the hardest by far.

As for putting the atty on. Always screw down your atty before you put the battery in and make sure the positive side of the battery faces your venting. And of course - check those battery wraps ... must be tear free. Otherwise rewrap.

VU Sponsors