Become a Patron!

2-For-1, Difference between metals and various Stingray clones

Taylor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Looking for some information and opinions. I am currently trying to decide which Stingray clone to purchase, with all the various differences between them including the metals that different ones are made of. So my question is which metal is the best? Copper, Brass, Stainless Steel? I've heard to stay away from aluminum. and does the tube material effect the mod or is it just the firing pins i need to worry about? are silver pins the best way to go? I guess I'm just looking for a general run down of the materials used and why and what's best.

I currently have my eye on this clone: http://focalecig.com/Product/Stingray-StyleMechanical-ModGolden-1x18350-18500-18650--18274
I like the look of the brass version of these clones but I'm open to any variation so shoot me some other options.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It all comes down to conductivity. People who like to blow big cloud like a mod that has the least amount of voltage drop. That's just a fancier way of saying they want a mod that's a lot more conductive.

Copper is one of the most conductive metals so it will "hit" the hardest followed by brass and then stainless steel. As for the contacts the same rules apply, although most come silver plated witch is suppose to increase the conductivity and there for have less voltage drop. In my opinion unless your trying to block out the sun with your clouds you'll get a great performance from any mech and atty as long as you build it right.

I'm really liking my Stingray X. It's the best of two worlds in one. Stainless Steel over copper. Excellent conductivity, won't make your hand stink like brass or copper. It's also a bit shorter than the version you linked as it rivals the 4nine when used with the accompanying hybrid top cap.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Brass and copper are kind of soft compared to SS. They hit a little bit better, but IMHO not so much that it warrants choosing loads of wear and tear over the solid reliability of SS.

VU Sponsors