Become a Patron!

2 Quick Questions

YettiBoi72

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
1 : If i do the scottish roll technique on a rdta wont it take longer to wick since its so tightly stuffed?

2: With an rdta , should i not cut the cotton and just stuff the shit of cotton inside so it reaches or no ? I seen ppl wit rdta's and they make it short like a regular rda and the juice never makes its way up the coils.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok
so #1 nope
#2 try it both ways and find out for yourself the difference. its kinda subjective. i keep mine short the juice gets there when you tilt the mod. long wicks made it taste cottony to me

Caspervapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'e never tried Scottish roll. In my limitless plus, after the coils are wicked, I cut the wick ends just above the glass. That' how I've been doing it for a year and a half!

SADman

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
1) I have used both the Scottish roll technique, and the "regular" method you have described, I use the same amount of cotton either way. The Scottish roll seems to wick better from what I can tell, but again, I use the same amount of cotton either way. I don't roll it so tight that it is practically a solid piece using twice as much cotton.

2) I always cut the tails so they are just peeking below the glass. When you hold the vape sideways to take a hit, the juice hits the cotton and wicks naturally. Never had a problem with dry hits or a dry wick. Never had any leaking problems either. I can lay my RDTA on its side and its perfectly fine, no leaks. Right now I am using a Pyro RDTA. The less cotton you push into the tank, the more juice you can hold.

Last edited:

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
1. Yes and no seems to wick better.
2. What I do is once I'm ready to trim my cotton i take the scissors and pinch the cotton without cutting I put the scissor inside and below where the cotton goes through and cut if that makes since can post pics if needed

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just use cotton bacon and no need to do the whole Scottish Roll thing.
The scottish roll pretty much just turns a pad into cotton bacon style of cotton.

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Just use cotton bacon and no need to do the whole Scottish Roll thing.
The scottish roll pretty much just turns a pad into cotton bacon style of cotton.
You are right i use cotton bacon. It's the same. Practically

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Scottish roll is cool and I used it with my cotton bacon prior but only if I have an RTA or dripper, or an RDTA that's not a genie style. Limitless plus for example won't profit from it, and the only reason to cut this one close to the top of the glass is the tilting. Also you get more liquid in when running dual setup. Newer rdtas like the pyro is different. My Aromamizer is too small and you can't even attempt it lol.

Either way every RDA/RTA/RDTA with a min. ID of 3mm + can profit from the Scottish roll, if executed correctly, its just up to the person if they like putting that kind of effort in it. I use kendo, without Scottish roll I'll be getting cotton flavor till its broken in, I also get it much fluffier that way and it allows me to switch juices nearly immediately on the fly. 2 puffs and the new juice will kick in/come through. It does have its pro but also cons. Use whatever makes you happy.

VU Sponsors