Become a Patron!

2 year old kbox mini

The darn cat dropped it about 3 feet. Now the + button doesn't work. I've opened it and placed the white piece back in but it won't depress and release like the minutes one. No spotting or anything fell out when it opened, just the white piece beneath the plus. Any ideas how to fix it? Money wise, replacing it isn't an option right now.

Update, found the odd shaped metal washer like thing, in the dark no less, don't ask, because it vanished again while I was trying to fix it. Is there any way to get that button working, silicone under the white button, a hammer, anything? Yes I'm frustrated I was seconds away from possibly fixing it. :(

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi and welcome, sorry no one posted to this yet, I am not good with things like that, but I hope by bumping this thread some one can help you, In the mean time I know drug stores and gas stations sell the smaller pen style that you can get at a minimal price until you get it figured out....Good luck:wave:

Thank you whiskey for actually responding even though you don't know anything about what I posted unfortunately I will be leaving because nobody can be bothered including ask the quote expert so your forum is a waste of internet-based Tata jerks

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well that was uncalled for lol. But I've often wondered who that "Expert" is, myself.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
While I do feel bad you did not receive any assistance, I think if you viewed the situation a little more objectively you might have refrained from resorting to name calling. :cuss2:

For starters, I have to assume there was at least some trepidation on the part of those who may have been willing to try and help. In my experience at least, I have found it best to tread carefully when dealing with unknown women who have openly expressed active frustration. ;)

Additionally, your choice of sub-forum in which to place your inquiry probably wasn't the best although I can understand why you may have thought otherwise. This particular sub-forum ( Ask An Expert ) is not monitored specifically by anyone in particular that I am aware of so you are left to plain luck that somebody/anybody might happen to wander by and see your post. You may have had more responses if you had posted in a more specific forum like the one for regulated mods for instance.

And lastly, I suspect that those that did happen to see your post simply couldn't offer any help because they weren't familiar with your device or the problem it exhibited. I fall in that category myself. As you yourself mentioned, it's not exactly a recent product so your chances of finding someone here who might be able to help is even further diminished.

If all that wasn't enough, I have to seriously wonder about a person that lets Kitty vape and then gets all mad at them when they accidentally break their device. :crazy:

:p

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This particular sub-forum ( Ask An Expert ) is not monitored specifically by anyone in particular that I am aware of so you are left to plain luck that somebody/anybody might happen to wander by and see your post.

Indeed you are correct, in fact many of the subforums here are now jumbled , due to no monitoring at all.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shit, sorry I'm late guys.

Resident expert, reporting for duty!

My EXPERT opinion is that the OP take that broken mod and shove it where...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sounds like the switch on the circuit board is toast and needs replacing.
However those are very small switches and I am unsure of where to get one.

Sorry the OP had a hissy after SHE broke her mod.

entitlements.....

She can however get an new clone board from FT.
about $14 if I recall correctly.
is $10.20 https://www.fasttech.com/products/3023/10010021/4507200

soldering skills and proper soldering equipment is required.

Next time do not let the cat vape with your mod. They drop everything, no thumbs you know.

think that I have covered all the bases now.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors