Become a Patron!

200w anything

Gregjl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I picked up a c.o.v. tempest 200w mod and I think I like it! I didn't get a tank today I'm shopping around. Maybe a smok beast? Anyway, so far I tried my melo3 @ 35w, and a flawless tug rda @ 60w + 70w and I'm wondering what I'm supposed to do with 200w? Build a .8 something or other flood it with max vg and just go for it? Does anyone use the whole 200 watts.

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried vaping 160-200 for fun and it's too hot for me. 0.15ohms @120w is perfect for me.

I own all 3 of the Smok "Beasts" and they are incredible. The coils last almost forever too.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I picked up a c.o.v. tempest 200w mod and I think I like it! I didn't get a tank today I'm shopping around. Maybe a smok beast? Anyway, so far I tried my melo3 @ 35w, and a flawless tug rda @ 60w + 70w and I'm wondering what I'm supposed to do with 200w? Build a .8 something or other flood it with max vg and just go for it? Does anyone use the whole 200 watts.
Nothing is the answer the high wattage push was for impact only nothing more. I just today went to 65w first time in 2 years

Gregjl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I tried vaping 160-200 for fun and it's too hot for me. 0.15ohms @120w is perfect for me.

I own all 3 of the Smok "Beasts" and they are incredible. The coils last almost forever too.
I thought they were RTA's, I'll have to read more about them.

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

Gregjl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Well, you're right. They're incredible. And it's a coil swap type or a build deck type all in one. If you don't mind, do you have a favorite prebuilt coil? None of the reviews seem to put one over the other. I think I'd be alright just buying whatever coil is in stock .

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have myself tried vaping at 200W, with a suitable set up it isn't that hot, with a big enough dripper and big enough coils I guess you could even get a coolish vape at 200W.

I found this to just be inefficient though, too much juice, battery life doesn't last long at all, and found it wasn't really for me. I usually am vaping well under 60W, and find I get plenty of vapour for my needs, and I don't need to swap batteries every hour or make gallons of juice ready lol.

If you are enjoying the power level you are at, I would stay there unless you just want to try it as an experiment.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Highest I've vaped is my Arctic v12 0.1 coil at 140w on rx200. Very dehydrating, started getting back spasms. I occasionally vape my tfv4 oct Clapton around 106w. But much happier with Baby Beast or Herakles Plus in the 60's. Yet to find good flavor over 100w, maybe tfv8 coil in v12? I like clouds but only if tasty.

I can't imagine 200watts. I vape max VG all the time in subohm Melo3.... But at 55.6watts. I don't understand all the temp control & other modes it has yet, tho. 200 watts, tho!?

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, you're right. They're incredible. And it's a coil swap type or a build deck type all in one. If you don't mind, do you have a favorite prebuilt coil? None of the reviews seem to put one over the other. I think I'd be alright just buying whatever coil is in stock .
Sorry, just saw this now....

I love the octo and quad in the CB. My first T8 coil lasted me well over 5 weeks and was still fine after over 300ml of juice. The quad coil is also great. Very smooth and dead quiet at 110w.

In the BBB and Baby Beast, I have used the T6 and T8 and both are great.

If I had to pick, it would be the 8 coil heads in both by a slim margin.

RongYao

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been running a Pico for half of 2016 and I notice that with certain atomizers and different flavors there was a difference in taste with a more beefed up mod. I pulled off my starre pro tank off the pico and put it on my laisimo and notice how much better my strawberry rice crispies tasted at 50w compaired to 50w on a pico. The 200w may be useless to most people but the mod performance may be worth it.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree with the others, vaping that high seems a waste to me, burning through top shelf stuff like Grand Reserve or similar gets old really fast... Maybe there's some niche juice out there that really shines at 175watts though...doubtful...

Yes, it was a great day when evolve gave us 20, then 30, 40 watts and temp control but that's really where nessesity ended for me... I'm still vaping usually around 24 watts if I'm using an rta, little more for tea, but rarely exceed 40 watts.. I do like my DNA75 though ;)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I googled it just to see, that's a nice mod, it's shaped a little odd but it's nice.

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk
You will like your new Pico. It takes a bit to figure out the shape and how out hold it, but I have no complaints.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors