Become a Patron!

20700 battery help

aHussyNamedTron

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Need suggestions on which to purchase for my wismec 20700 coming in the mail. I know nothing of these things.

sbankme

Member For 3 Years
check Mooch's chart. The 5leg iJoy, Efest, Ampking are all the same and pretty good. The Sanyo "A" is supposed to be the bomb, but is near impossible to find. The Samsung 30T same. Keep reading more good ones soon....soon...no really, soon. FWIW, my Ampkings needed rewrapping quickly.

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I recently got some Sanyo 20700A's on ebay that were harvested from battery packs and they were great. They were $20 a piece but they were the real deal. I know people caution against ebay in this forum, for good reason, but these were authentic.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I recently got some Sanyo 20700A's on ebay that were harvested from battery packs and they were great. They were $20 a piece but they were the real deal. I know people caution against ebay in this forum, for good reason, but these were authentic.
Mooch said (in one of the live Q&A videos on his personal YouTube channel) you don't know how the batteries were harvested from the packs so you have no way of telling whether or not the batteries have been damaged with regards to safety. If you want to use harvested ones, then the only way to be sure is to go buy the packs and harvest them yourself... me, I'll prolly wait until nkon.nl have the batteries in stock as my face is dear to me. :p

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mooch said (in one of the live Q&A videos on his personal YouTube channel) you don't know how the batteries were harvested from the packs so you have no way of telling whether or not the batteries have been damaged with regards to safety. If you want to use harvested ones, then the only way to be sure is to go buy the packs and harvest them yourself... me, I'll prolly wait until nkon.nl have the batteries in stock as my face is dear to me. :p
Yeah, I think this falls into the category of vaping can be dangerous. They do have marks on them from where the spot welds were connected, but there are no scuff marks from a grinder or anything like that. When I received these cells I made sure to really look them over and both ends of the battery were in great shape. He could have done something to the cells to damage them that I'm not considering. So I considered the dangers and decided, after going over the battery, that the danger of using these particular cells was within the amount of danger I am willing to deal with to have a satisfactory vape. All of the said I still prefer VTC5a's.

I should probably not promote these cells though. Just because I am ok with the risk doesn't mean people who read my previous post are ok with the risks or even know them.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I think this falls into the category of vaping can be dangerous. They do have marks on them from where the spot welds were connected, but there are no scuff marks from a grinder or anything like that. When I received these cells I made sure to really look them over and both ends of the battery were in great shape. He could have done something to the cells to damage them that I'm not considering. So I considered the dangers and decided, after going over the battery, that the danger of using these particular cells was within the amount of danger I am willing to deal with to have a satisfactory vape. All of the said I still prefer VTC5a's.

I should probably not promote these cells though. Just because I am ok with the risk doesn't mean people who read my previous post are ok with the risks or even know them.
I think the biggest risk is that they might have short circuited the battery for a fraction of a second or they might have used the battery for some period of time and by doing so they might actually have discharged it to a dangerously low voltage. Things like that are why I would steer clear of those kinds of sellers no matter what.

P.S.,
Code:
https://youtu.be/LaOqULuDaiQ?t=264

Last edited:

VU Sponsors