Become a Patron!

20a battery running at 20.56 okay?

S13hitman

Member For 1 Year
I do stick with Moochs recommendations but just a question if this is safe enough or not. My regulated mod shit the bed so I'm wondering if I can run my .18 mesh coils with my 25r samsung battery. In order to get it close to the 20a max recommendation, I have to use 3.7v in my calculation to come up with a 20.56a.

Is this too close for comfort or not a big deal for being slightly over. I do chain vape a little if that plays any role of continuously running the battery and affecting the safety more when over 20a.

Sorry if my lingo isn't spot on but I'm sure you guys get what I'm asking. :)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Samsung 25r at 0.18ohms on a single battery mech mod?

I don't see why it would be a problem, you are well within the limits.
You aren't pushing it.
Many people build even lower so I would consider you as safe as you can be.

One important thing is to be sure if your battery wraps ever get torn you immediately discontinue use and put a new wrap on the cell.

Many accidents have occurred when a torn battery wrap grounded out to the positive terminal.

The wraps only cost a few cents and all you need is battery wraps, positive terminal insulators and a hair dryer to fix them.

I got 25 wrap/insulators on eBay for $5.99 shipped.

You would also be better off with a few extra cells with protective cases to have so you can switch them out.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Samsung 25r at 0.18ohms on a single battery mech mod?

I don't see why it would be a problem, you are well within the limits.
You aren't pushing it.
Many people build even lower so I would consider you as safe as you can be.

One important thing is to be sure if your battery wraps ever get torn you immediately discontinue use and put a new wrap on the cell.

Many accidents have occurred when a torn battery wrap grounded out to the positive terminal.

The wraps only cost a few cents and all you need is battery wraps, positive terminal insulators and a hair dryer to fix them.

I got 25 wrap/insulators on eBay for $5.99 shipped.

You would also be better off with a few extra cells with protective cases to have so you can switch them out.
So much more informative than the other answer he got. Amazing some people just want to talk shit and not help.

S13hitman

Member For 1 Year
Those are the people that care about their message count...

Thanks you guys, I figured it would be safe but wasn't sure. Also, thanks for the reminder about nicks in the battery wraps. I've been switching out between 2x samsung 30Q's and the samsung 25r. I noticed today that one of the wraps now has 2 nicks, I've put that to the side until I can make an order of more supplies, including some wraps! :)

I know the samsung 30Q isn't up to par for the .18 mesh coils so I'm just going to use the 25r for that. Now if I can figure out a way to fix my voltage drop on the damn vandy vape BF mod.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can get 10 wraps and five positive insulator rings at LIW for a buck and a quarter. :D AND guaranteed authentic batteries while you're there too.

Last edited:

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You know I really wanted to like it. it’s comfortable and a great size but because of the voltage drop it’s just not a great vape. I can’t think off the top of my head but there’s many options for a single battery unregulated squonk box.

Do you have the unregulated Pulse? I have the 80w and tried bypass mode...wah, wah, wahhhh lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know I really wanted to like it. it’s comfortable and a great size but because of the voltage drop it’s just not a great vape. I can’t think off the top of my head but there’s many options for a single battery unregulated squonk box.
My Black Ram came today. I already had a green one. 10 apiece and I must say they vape great with a 20s. I've heard about the vd on the pulse. It sure did sell good.
Black ram_cr.jpg

dhomes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do have the unregulated pulse...in a drawer. I do however have two on the regulated pulse mods.

I had 1 unregulated pulse (and the 90W), I didnt like the voltage drop until I soldered the flip security switch that 'turns it off', vdrop GREATLY improved and is very usable at .15 ohms

dhomes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This gives 3.20 V on the posts with a .13 dual coil

IMG_0659.jpg

VU Sponsors