Become a Patron!

20g Kanthal + questions

Hi, been getting into higher wattages and lower sub ohm vaping more and more lately. I love warmer vapes with lots of cloud production. I normally only use RDAs. I have been using 20g kanthal for a few months just doing very simple builds for low ohm readings. I am currently using 2 similar simple builds:

20g Kanthal 3mm ID 6 wraps on a Mutation X V4S 22mm RDA coming in at .12 ohms
20g Kanthal 3mm ID 7 wraps on a Vaperz Cloud X1 Comp 24mm RDA coming in at .14 ohms

The Mutation is on a 200w Sigelei Fuchai Mod, and im running it between 90-120 watts, have gone up to 140w a few times but the flavor gets a bit more muted there, although the warmth and production is very enjoyable.

I am running the X1 with the matching X1 competition mech tube mod and it is vaping nicely, but the flavor is also a bit muted. Ive had this setup built at .1 ohms for awhile and decided to bump it up slightly to attempt to enchance flavor production without sacrificing vapor production. The flavor increased slightly but the vape has become much cooler then I was getting at .1 and i'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

I also have some 24g kanthal, 26g kanthal, and 28g(x2)/32g kanthal clapton wire available at the moment. Im willing to pick up any wire needed or purchase any premade specialty coils if I can get the vape i'm looking for.

Does anyone have any build suggestions with the proper wire and wraps for said build. I really like a warmer vape and something that produces lots of vapor. I dont want to sacrifice flavor though.

Just ordered an Alien 220 mod and a cloud beast tank which should be coming in any day now. Im very curious to use the RBA section on the beast and would like some build suggestions for that as well if anyone is experienced with that deck and tank.

Thank you for your time.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Switch to NiChrome. Better flavor than kanthal.
You could also clapton your 20ga with 34 ga stainless steel, mind you that will reduce your clouds a bit.
It is kind of a slide scale.. clouds on one end, flavor on the other. The more you get of one, the less you get of the other.

Before I give any help building coils, I need to know what batteries you use. To be honest, if they arent Sony, LG or Samsung, then i couldn't in good conscience offer much help with coil suggestions.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hi, been getting into higher wattages and lower sub ohm vaping more and more lately. I love warmer vapes with lots of cloud production. I normally only use RDAs. I have been using 20g kanthal for a few months just doing very simple builds for low ohm readings. I am currently using 2 similar simple builds:

20g Kanthal 3mm ID 6 wraps on a Mutation X V4S 22mm RDA coming in at .12 ohms
20g Kanthal 3mm ID 7 wraps on a Vaperz Cloud X1 Comp 24mm RDA coming in at .14 ohms

The Mutation is on a 200w Sigelei Fuchai Mod, and im running it between 90-120 watts, have gone up to 140w a few times but the flavor gets a bit more muted there, although the warmth and production is very enjoyable.

I am running the X1 with the matching X1 competition mech tube mod and it is vaping nicely, but the flavor is also a bit muted. Ive had this setup built at .1 ohms for awhile and decided to bump it up slightly to attempt to enchance flavor production without sacrificing vapor production. The flavor increased slightly but the vape has become much cooler then I was getting at .1 and i'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

I also have some 24g kanthal, 26g kanthal, and 28g(x2)/32g kanthal clapton wire available at the moment. Im willing to pick up any wire needed or purchase any premade specialty coils if I can get the vape i'm looking for.

Does anyone have any build suggestions with the proper wire and wraps for said build. I really like a warmer vape and something that produces lots of vapor. I dont want to sacrifice flavor though.

Just ordered an Alien 220 mod and a cloud beast tank which should be coming in any day now. Im very curious to use the RBA section on the beast and would like some build suggestions for that as well if anyone is experienced with that deck and tank.

Thank you for your time.
Using your 24 or 26ga wire.. try a dual, parallel coil. It will ramp up a lot faster than that 20ga.
I think the build is about 0.14 ohm. NOT A BEGINNER BUILD!!! Should be fine on a regulated mod though.

VU Sponsors