Become a Patron!

22 guage kanthal wire to 1.0 ohm ; How many wraps?

Hey everybody, I'm trying to get 1.0ohm for my hana since its minimum resistance is 1.0 ohm.

How many wraps do I need to do for 22 guage, wrapping it on one of those screw driver sets for a dollar, Im using the biggest negative phillips screw. (I'm just hoping somebody knows what i'm describing.)

My meter doesn't even get a reading with my dual coil 13 wraps on 22g .

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You will not want to go with 22... besides it being thick as a coat hanger you are looking at 3/4" diameter coil 12-16 wraps to get an ohm.
Get some 26-32 ga if you want an ohm and above

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Alright boss, kudos
No the resistance of the 22 is so low it takes way to many wraps to get up there let alone the lead time for warm up.
I have a dual coil set up wrapped in a 5/64 bit it read .18 and that is at 8/9 wrapped coils. so the single coil reads .35 or ,36 and is pretty long.

Dutzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
0b238256004f8b0f260f78544e7278c0.jpg
haha. Won't happen.

Reactions: jae

Matthew Zarzecki

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For one ohm I'd recommend 26 or 28 gauge kanthal. With 28 I believe I did a 1 ohm coil about 5 or 6 wraps around a 5/64" drill bit. Not too sure I stick with 1.4-1.7 ohms with my mvp 2

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
even if that could happen ramp up time would make it useless lol get some 26 or 28 if you want thicker wire at 1 ohm

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was 12 wraps off... still agree not going to happen with anything on the market even in a 30mm sized atty.
Well, 22 awg is about .65 mm, so 27 wraps would be about 17mm long if it's a perfectly tight "microcoil." I for one would desperately like to see this attempted.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, 22 awg is about .65 mm, so 27 wraps would be about 17mm long if it's a perfectly tight "microcoil." I for one would desperately like to see this attempted.
Noo!! even thinking of how to get it perfectly tight with 20 or 22 makes my fingers and hands ache.... let alone the sheer frustration factor of when it is heated getting kink in it tightening it further.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can always do 28g twisted Right around 6 wraps will give ya 1.0hm look up twisting wire I love it easy a pen some tweezers just an idea another option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im using 22g with a loose 5 wrap coil. getting about .4 ohms i tried to get higher used around 8-9 wraps tight got .8 - .9ohms
took about 4 seconds to heat up using a pulse method no taste and burned cotton almost in an hour.

VU Sponsors