225W IJOY Captain PD1865 with RDTA 5S TC Kit W/O Battery by heartsdelight

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
225W IJOY Captain PD1865 with RDTA 5S TC Kit W/O Battery

by heartsdelight

upload_2017-8-11_19-14-48.png

I won this from Heaven Gifts in a recent contest.

upload_2017-8-11_19-15-6.png

Wow!!! This is nice! It’s small and compact even with the 2 18650 batteries even for a woman with small hands, it’s very comfortable. It has a nice weight to it but not too heavy as to be uncomfortable. For the guys, it won’t be an issue. For my friends who love their Asmodus Minikin v2, it’s about the same weight with batteries.

The screen is bright & pertinent info is large & all other settings descend in size, enough to be viewed easily. I received the Gunmetal kit.

Dual battery meter displayed on the top right of the screen. Battery life surpassed my expectations! I have used 2 Samsung 30q’s and Lg Hg2’s & being a constant vaper vaping at an average of 36-40 watts the battery lasted almost 24 hours.

Does Temperature Control pretty decently, for me. I built my SJMY Kayfun V5 with 26g SS316L with the Stainless Steel tank, so the liquid is not visible. No dry hits and a satisfying vape. I’ll leave the technical testing to @SirRichardRear .

Most importantly for me is it fits 30mm atties. Here’s a picture with my Steamcrave Aromamizer Plus Rdta. There’s a slight gap though & slight overhang not enough to bother my OCD though lol!

upload_2017-8-11_19-15-53.png

upload_2017-8-11_19-16-26.png

The Captain PD1865 Kit has TCR & Wattage Curves too.

Here are the specs from heavengifts.com.

Here comes the Captain PD1865 Kit which consists of PD1865 MOD and RDTA 5 tank. The Captain PD1865 is a high quality device featuring maximum 225W output power by dual external 18650 battery cells, compact size with no overhanging 30mm tanks and NI/TI/SS/TCR temperature control.

The RDTA 5S is a 2.6ml tank with 24mm diameter, which is a upgraded version of RDTA 5. It features an innovative central refill design, so you can simply remove the top cap and fill liquid down or go straight through the ultem wide bore drip tip without removing the top cap.

Together with easy two post gold-plated build deck and dual adjustable airflow system with maximum air intake, the RDTA 5S will bring great flavor and vapor production. Get the PD1865 kit for your daily use. It brings your vaping to a new stage. Compact size for ultimate taste! 3 colors.

upload_2017-8-11_19-18-23.png

Parameters

Captain PD1865 MOD
Size: 44mm x 30mm x 84.4mm
Max Output Wattage: 225W
Screen size: 0.96 inch OLED
Output mode: VT(Ni/Ti/SS)/TCR Mode
Output Wattage: 5-225W
Output Voltage: 1.0V-8.0V
Temperature Range: 149-316℃/300-600℉ (TC modes)
Maximum Output Current: 50A
Resistance range: 0.05-3.0ohm
Battery: 2x 18650 cells (not included)
Thread: 510 thread
Firmware Upgradeable

RDTA 5S
Capacity: 2.6ml
Diameter: 24mm
Thread: 510

It comes with

§ 1 x IJOY CAPTAIN PD1865 BOX MOD(225W)

§ 1 x IJOY RDTA 5S

§ 1 x Extra Glass Tube

§ 1 x Tool Pack (Heating coils, Cotton, o-rings, screws, screwdriver)

§ 1 x USB Cable

§ 1 x Screwdriver

§ 1 x Manual

§ 1 x Warranty Card

upload_2017-8-11_19-18-49.png

They list the kit contents as having an extra glass tank, it does not. You get the iJoy RDTA 5S & as in a lot of kits no spare glass tank.

The iJoy RDTA 5S has dual airflow, top and bottom & in any variation you choose to adjust. I like the bottom airflow slightly closed for a restricted lung hit. I put in 2 - 26/32g Claptons, 6 wraps, ohms out to .42 ohm. Dual coil only no single coil adaptor. The 5S has good flavor & cloud production on par with other flavor rdta’s.

upload_2017-8-11_19-19-30.png

The 2.6ml capacity isn’t enough for me but filling is pretty easy if you remove the top cap and fill with the standard unicorn bottle tip. It will fit glass droppers. The center fill hole situated between the posts does not accommodate the Chubby 60ml Gorilla bottles. Or any other bottles for that matter.

upload_2017-8-11_19-19-42.png

The back is beautiful!

Most atties sit flush except for the Aromamizer Supreme Plus. The 510 pin and battery door are decent. No issues.

upload_2017-8-11_19-19-52.png

upload_2017-8-11_19-20-4.png

Continued...

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Continued...

Here is a picture with the Wotofo SMM GTA

upload_2017-8-11_19-23-33.png

In conclusion, I am pleasantly surprised. The mod does what I want it to do and looks nice doing it. For me, battery life is always important & this mod does not disappoint.

It fits 30mm atties, another criteria met! Nice big fire button as seen on the iJoy Captain PD2070 mod. It looks exactly like the PD2070 just slighty shorter and dedicated to 18650 batteries.

Thanks to @Heaven Gifts for hosting this giveaway! They shipped out on Monday from China and I received on Wednesday in the USA!

Here’s a link to it https://www.heavengifts.com/product/IJOY-Captain-PD1865-with-RDTA-5S-TC-Kit.html if anyone is interested.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
225W IJOY Captain PD1865 with RDTA 5S TC Kit W/O Battery

by heartsdelight

View attachment 89126

I won this from Heaven Gifts in a recent contest.

View attachment 89127

Wow!!! This is nice! It’s small and compact even with the 2 18650 batteries even for a woman with small hands, it’s very comfortable. It has a nice weight to it but not too heavy as to be uncomfortable. For the guys, it won’t be an issue. For my friends who love their Asmodus Minikin v2, it’s about the same weight with batteries.

The screen is bright & pertinent info is large & all other settings descend in size, enough to be viewed easily. I received the Gunmetal kit.

Dual battery meter displayed on the top right of the screen. Battery life surpassed my expectations! I have used 2 Samsung 30q’s and Lg Hg2’s & being a constant vaper vaping at an average of 36-40 watts the battery lasted almost 24 hours.

Does Temperature Control pretty decently, for me. I built my SJMY Kayfun V5 with 26g SS316L with the Stainless Steel tank, so the liquid is not visible. No dry hits and a satisfying vape. I’ll leave the technical testing to @SirRichardRear .

Most importantly for me is it fits 30mm atties. Here’s a picture with my Steamcrave Aromamizer Plus Rdta. There’s a slight gap though & slight overhang not enough to bother my OCD though lol!

View attachment 89129

View attachment 89130

The Captain PD1865 Kit has TCR & Wattage Curves too.

Here are the specs from heavengifts.com.

Here comes the Captain PD1865 Kit which consists of PD1865 MOD and RDTA 5 tank. The Captain PD1865 is a high quality device featuring maximum 225W output power by dual external 18650 battery cells, compact size with no overhanging 30mm tanks and NI/TI/SS/TCR temperature control.

The RDTA 5S is a 2.6ml tank with 24mm diameter, which is a upgraded version of RDTA 5. It features an innovative central refill design, so you can simply remove the top cap and fill liquid down or go straight through the ultem wide bore drip tip without removing the top cap.

Together with easy two post gold-plated build deck and dual adjustable airflow system with maximum air intake, the RDTA 5S will bring great flavor and vapor production. Get the PD1865 kit for your daily use. It brings your vaping to a new stage. Compact size for ultimate taste! 3 colors.

View attachment 89131

Parameters

Captain PD1865 MOD
Size: 44mm x 30mm x 84.4mm
Max Output Wattage: 225W
Screen size: 0.96 inch OLED
Output mode: VT(Ni/Ti/SS)/TCR Mode
Output Wattage: 5-225W
Output Voltage: 1.0V-8.0V
Temperature Range: 149-316℃/300-600℉ (TC modes)
Maximum Output Current: 50A
Resistance range: 0.05-3.0ohm
Battery: 2x 18650 cells (not included)
Thread: 510 thread
Firmware Upgradeable

RDTA 5S
Capacity: 2.6ml
Diameter: 24mm
Thread: 510

It comes with

§ 1 x IJOY CAPTAIN PD1865 BOX MOD(225W)

§ 1 x IJOY RDTA 5S

§ 1 x Extra Glass Tube

§ 1 x Tool Pack (Heating coils, Cotton, o-rings, screws, screwdriver)

§ 1 x USB Cable

§ 1 x Screwdriver

§ 1 x Manual

§ 1 x Warranty Card

View attachment 89132

They list the kit contents as having an extra glass tank, it does not. You get the iJoy RDTA 5S & as in a lot of kits no spare glass tank.

The iJoy RDTA 5S has dual airflow, top and bottom & in any variation you choose to adjust. I like the bottom airflow slightly closed for a restricted lung hit. I put in 2 - 26/32g Claptons, 6 wraps, ohms out to .42 ohm. Dual coil only no single coil adaptor. The 5S has good flavor & cloud production on par with other flavor rdta’s.

View attachment 89133

The 2.6ml capacity isn’t enough for me but filling is pretty easy if you remove the top cap and fill with the standard unicorn bottle tip. It will fit glass droppers. The center fill hole situated between the posts does not accommodate the Chubby 60ml Gorilla bottles. Or any other bottles for that matter.

View attachment 89134

The back is beautiful!

Most atties sit flush except for the Aromamizer Supreme Plus. The 510 pin and battery door are decent. No issues.

View attachment 89135

View attachment 89136

Continued...

Nice write up :) i do have one of the kits i'll be reviewing as well

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This mod wasn't on my radar before but it is now thanks to your review.

Very happy to see a review from you, your always helpful and kind so you opinion is always much appreciated.

I hope to see more reviews in the future, this was really helpful!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This mod wasn't on my radar before but it is now thanks to your review.

Very happy to see a review from you, your always helpful and kind so you opinion is always much appreciated.

I hope to see more reviews in the future, this was really helpful!

Aww thank you! My second try, not as in depth & pristine as yours :) I should've cropped the pics better. I could've done it better but..... I'll try harder. :)
Did you upload your review of the Aegis? I been looking for it since yesterday. I'm not use to navigating the other place & I really want to read it.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aww thank you! My second try, not as in depth & pristine as yours :) I should've cropped the pics better. I could've done it better but..... I'll try harder. :)
Did you upload your review of the Aegis? I been looking for it since yesterday. I'm not use to navigating the other place & I really want to read it.
I got caught up with work so haven't had a chance to sit down in front of the laptop yet. Today or tomorrow it should be done though.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got caught up with work so haven't had a chance to sit down in front of the laptop yet. Today or tomorrow it should be done though.

Could you provide me with a link when you're done? Either here if allowed or pm me. Thanks!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
And of course smaller than 30mm rta's as well :D
No worries there. I tried 30mm aromaizer and hated it. Just haven't gotten around to selling it yet. Too heavy and overhang bugged me to distraction. With 20ml on mod felt like I had a mini bayonet! Will admit loved looks with 5ml set up.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No worries there. I tried 30mm aromaizer and hated it. Just haven't gotten around to selling it yet. Too heavy and overhang bugged me to distraction. With 20ml on mod felt like I had a mini bayonet! Will admit loved looks with 5ml set up.
I haven't tried with the 20ml yet. I've stuck with the 5ml. It's not an all day vape for me, nice to use now & then ;)
I was kinda wanting to collect them.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I do see the appeal and flavor spot on. Really like honeycomb af. Size just doesn't work for me. I love the gunmetal. I may never sell it because of looks. I would skip 20ml unless you dyi juice specific to it. Flavor killer. 5ml only flavor configuration I enjoyed vape from.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do see the appeal and flavor spot on. Really like honeycomb af. Size just doesn't work for me. I love the gunmetal. I may never sell it because of looks. I would skip 20ml unless you dyi juice specific to it. Flavor killer. 5ml only flavor configuration I enjoyed vape from.
Have you tried the Supreme v2? I have one I love the quality of it compared to all of the rta's I have, made to last & so excited a single coil option is underway, prototypes & fixes. So should be out soon.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Have you tried the Supreme v2? I have one I love the quality of it compared to all of the rta's I have, made to last & so excited a single coil option is underway, prototypes & fixes. So should be out soon.
No, gonna take a look. Labor Day coming up! Have to edit list anyway, long list short budget. Sigh.

VU Sponsors