Become a Patron!

22mm sub ohm tank that doesn't leak

Hi all, looking for advice on a new tank. This is what I'm looking for:

-22mm diameter to match my mods
-Doesn't leak! I've had kanger sub tank minis for a long time now. Every now and then they leak, drives me nuts!
-Can buy pre-made coils, which last and don't burn too easily. Unfortunately I just don't have the time (or patience!) to make my own coils. Kanger coils (SSOCC and OCC) can be very sensitive and burn at 25W+, or just burn randomly...
-Pre-made coils are around 0.5ohm and work well between 20W and 30W
-Nice and airy draw - so probably adjustable airflow - I always use the subtank minis on maximum airflow

...and of course decent flavour and clouds

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Jez

Last edited:

kingshockey

Member For 4 Years
i use a supertank mini by tobecco with .5ohm coils the tank gots good flavor and thick clouds i vape it at 40 watts and the coils last over a week the tank holds enough juice to last a hockey games worth of chain vaping there are better tanks ou t there but the tank does the job for me an i have not had any leaking issues as yet hope this helps

Thanks for that kingshockey, one thing I didn't mention though - I'm in the UK. Unfortunately it looks like the tobecco coils are pretty hard to find in the UK, there's very few distributors.

@skt239 are there any you would say are far less prone to leaking than others and are what I'm looking for? As far as the kanger subtanks go - would you say they leak more or less than other subtanks?

Thanks guys

Currently looking at the Freemax Starre or the Freemax Starre V3, although they do seem a bit big.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't have one, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about a leaky OBS Engine tank.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for that kingshockey, one thing I didn't mention though - I'm in the UK. Unfortunately it looks like the tobecco coils are pretty hard to find in the UK, there's very few distributors.

@skt239 are there any you would say are far less prone to leaking than others and are what I'm looking for? As far as the kanger subtanks go - would you say they leak more or less than other subtanks?

Thanks guys

The Super tank mini will take any Atlantis style coil, so you're not limited to Tobeco's coils at all. Lots of options with that tank.

Reactions: Jez

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks Mark, looks like a beast of a tank! Just a bit big for my mods - I'm looking for one that's 22mm diameter :)
Sorry about that, I forgot it was a 25mm tank.:)

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks Eskie! I had no idea that different coils could be used in that tank.

So these would be ok with the super tank mini? https://www.ukecigstore.com/aspire-sub-ohm-coils-5-pack.html

Which coils would you recommend?

Depends on the mod and power available. Does the tank need to be top fill? I find the ohms don't predict the vaping experience all that much.

Hard not to mention the Smok tfv8 Baby Beast, if you have a mod that can do 75w or a little more. Not that you would need 75w, but it is often sold as a kit with the 220w Alien. Small device despite the power.

Just ordered the super tank mini and a pack of 5 tobeco coils - I read that they last ages. Looking forward to trying the triton clapton coils as well.

The tank sounds perfect...leak free, great flavour, 4ml, top filling..and was cheap! Can't wait.

Thanks for your help everyone :)

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't have one, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about a leaky OBS Engine tank.

Me either. Nor have I experienced it from my Engine. Tolerances, suction, everything was well thought out of. Hell, my KF5 flooded once, my error though.

kingshockey

Member For 4 Years
Just ordered the super tank mini and a pack of 5 tobeco coils - I read that they last ages. Looking forward to trying the triton clapton coils as well.

The tank sounds perfect...leak free, great flavour, 4ml, top filling..and was cheap! Can't wait.

Thanks for your help everyone :)
just a heads up when you fill it up it might gurgle a little bitjust give it a few puffs first before you do a direct lung hit if thats how you vape

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thanks guys

The Freemax star (not the pro) I was using a while back very rarely leaked. Also the CCI Maus tank has only leaked on me a couple of times. Have you ever used an RDA? I got sick of the hit or miss coils, leaking, etc and made the switch a while back. Might be something to consider.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The Freemax star (not the pro) I was using a while back very rarely leaked. Also the CCI Maus tank has only leaked on me a couple of times. Have you ever used an RDA? I got sick of the hit or miss coils, leaking, etc and made the switch a while back. Might be something to consider.
If they are into building there are plenty of good 22mm rtas too. But 22mm tanks that have coils for 30 watts are hard to find

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Isub -no leaks, been using for several weeks now (22mm) Coils available for just about any wattage.
The one on the blue coolfire
thumbnail_IMG_1529_zpsv2wmlhyp.jpg

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I bought a Pico a few weeks that came with a Melo III Mini. This has been the most trouble free tank I have ever used. I don't close the afc when I fill and have filled a little too much and have never had a single leak. Not even a drop. The Melo take a variety of coils and there is also a rebuildables available. I'm considering picking up a full size and give the ceramic coils a shot.

Tap'd from my 7+

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thanks Eskie! I had no idea that different coils could be used in that tank.

So these would be ok with the super tank mini? https://www.ukecigstore.com/aspire-sub-ohm-coils-5-pack.html

Which coils would you recommend?

Yup. Have one in a Super tank right now, 0.5 ohm coil. If you like temp control give the Tobeco 0.3 ohm SS notch coil a shot if you can find it. Works quite well.

I'm also using a Vaporesso ceramic EUC coil with the BVC adapter sleeve for it in a Super tank. Works fine, nice clean taste as expected from a ceramic, not at all sure I like its draw. The point is there's a ton of stuff out there that fits the tank. I don't know the price over there, but in the US it's $20 or under on sale.

Thanks for your help everyone

Tobeco super tank mini arrived today. Absolutely love it.

-Insane flavour, especially compared to the kanger sub tank
-Crazy clouds!
-Coils seem very robust - gone up to 30w on the 0.5ohm and that's plenty high enough for me
-Nice and airy, just how I like it.

And no leaks so far! One test was leaving it in my car for a couple hours whilst playing tennis - cold temperatures caused my kanger tank to leak but no signs of that happening with this one.

Only downside is the top fill does require the e-liquid bottle nozzles - I prefer to just pour it in. But apart from that very minor point, I love it.

Thanks again :)

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And no leaks so far! One test was leaving it in my car for a couple hours whilst playing tennis

Funny you say that. I just finished my round of disc golf like I do every Friday evening with some friends, came back to my car, and sitting in my cup holder, a flooded Goblin Mini RTA and juice running down my Therion -.- Usually never happens with this, my KF5, or Engine, but tanks will leak on you; prolonged heat, inside warm places, thins juice, lightens wicks, laying on one side, in perfect environment, etc

And congrats. Glad you found your tank :)

Reactions: Jez
Yep, as you said the extreme temperatures are a tough test for any tank. The kanger tank always failed!

Four days on and not a sign of any leakage or burning from the coil.

However...this tank drinks e liquid. But I'm not complaining! :rolleyes:

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yep, as you said the extreme temperatures are a tough test for any tank. The kanger tank always failed!

Yeah, I'm not a tank user really. I much prefer my RDAs. I like to switch flavors a lot, can't do that with a tank easily.

kevinjp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thanks guys
Check out the Atlantis coils thread I think you will find there are plenty of compatible coils

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Any tank can leak, but the Super tank is good at staying dry. If you want a virtually guarantee no leak get something with top airflow. No holes in the bottom, no leaking without you doing contortions.

Thirst is also dependent on the coil choice. Go with say a 1.8 ohm Triton coil, and it will sip juice. That's the best part, it's so damned versatile at a great price.

Just as fact...Smok TFV8 and TFV12 they do make great clouds, working usually minimum at 30Watts+
But they both leak very fast, i tried both. Kanger Aerotank also leaks badly.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
On the tfv8 coils, I push and twist from the bottom of the coil before installing. I heard they tend to not be tightly put together from the factory. Not having leaks with cloud beast. Big baby does leak a little.

There are some YouTube videos on this, tinkering with the location of the lead wire, etc, to stop leaking with Smok coils.

I guess it could be o-ring or seal related too, but the coils seem to be the usual suspects.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought a Pico a few weeks that came with a Melo III Mini. This has been the most trouble free tank I have ever used. I don't close the afc when I fill and have filled a little too much and have never had a single leak. Not even a drop. The Melo take a variety of coils and there is also a rebuildables available. I'm considering picking up a full size and give the ceramic coils a shot.

Tap'd from my 7+
I got the same kit a long time ago. I thought I loved the Mello3 too. Then I got an Alien kit with the baby beast. I was blown away with how much better the tank was. Both are 22MM sub-tanks. The coils perform so much better with the baby beast. I feel sorry for anybody who hasn't tried anything besides Atlantis style coils. Although I know some people enjoy vaping at lower wattages.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the same kit a long time ago. I thought I loved the Mello3 too. Then I got an Alien kit with the baby beast. I was blown away with how much better the tank was. Both are 22MM sub-tanks. The coils perform so much better with the baby beast. I feel sorry for anybody who hasn't tried anything besides Atlantis style coils. Although I know some people enjoy vaping at lower wattages.
I use the X4 with the procore se but still dig out my baby beast every now and again. It's just the procore se is 25mm and fits on my minikin perfectly. I find that it's more compact than the big baby so get better flavor1514912794261.jpg

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm probably in the minority but no RTA or RDA has neat the flavour of the X4 coil.
Brings out the fruity notes in my liquids

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been through a lot of subtanks and in my experience, they all leak at some point.
THIS>

Except with the Subtank Mini V2 using the RBA deck. Been using them 2 years and only 2 leaks. 1 was bad wicking on my part and the other time I had lost the Oring off the bottom of the RBA deck.
But yes with the factory coils they will leak sometimes.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That looks cool. Never seen it before. Is it glass or plastic?
It's all glass. Even the drip tip so takes a lot to get used too but is only $15.00 so you can't really go wrong. I still use my big baby daily but use this too.
The procore se is 2ml but if you attach the coil to the chimney it makes it 4ml. Only con with it is it's bottom fill. I do prefer the hinge topfill on the baby.
It's better than the tfv4 one too. That used to swing open in my pocket.
They really improved things with the layer tf series.
The tfv12 prince is pretty cool too. It has a lock mechanism then the hinge can't come open.
It takes different coils to the baby though so I don't use it much.
I have like 6 tanks that take baby coils so I don't want to have another tank that takes different coils!!

VU Sponsors