Become a Patron!

25R or 30Q?

idjekyll

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok Guys just a quick question. I just for 2 sets of these batteries Sammy greens and the 30q. Gonna be using them on a Cuboid 150w. So, gun to your head, which one would you use?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
If you decide for longer battery life, I'd rather get the LG HG2 instead of the 30Q though.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3OQ only 15A, seems to hit a little weak on full charge as compared to HG2, 25R or VTC5.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well according to the tests the 30Q are actually 20A and not 15A as stated by Samsung, it comes down to whether you trust Mooch's test or not.

Samsung have underrated their batteries before, so no surprise here.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well according to the tests the 30Q are actually 20A and not 15A as stated by Samsung, it comes down to whether you trust Mooch's test or not.

Samsung have underrated their batteries before, so no surprise here.
If anything just 20A, I have a set, they work, I personally would not replace them when they die.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I gave the 30Qs to my wife since she runs at 1.5 ohm @ between 8 - 12 watts on her KBOX 200 and sigeili fuchai 213
(I tried to whisper that second mod so it didn't raise the dead)
They just didn't do it for me as most of my setups run between .15 - .9 ohm @ 60 - 160 watts.
I've just been using 25r and HE2
Occasionally HE4

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For a regulated mod, 30Q will last longer if keeping within 20A/approx 130W. For where I am, 30Q are significantly more expensive (15-20%) so if I had only the two to choose I'd be fine buying 25R.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive got both the 30Qs and 25Rs.
The 30Qs dont hit as hard as the 25Rs do.
I notice a difference running a mech and a single 30q or single 25r, and the difference is the ramp up is slower with the 30q over the 25r.
I am now a Straight Samsung 25R buyer.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
for your mod i'd get the 30q.
3OQ only 15A, seems to hit a little weak on full charge as compared to HG2, 25R or VTC5.
it's actually 20amps per mooch. samsung rates it on the safe side. newer LGs rated out at 18 amps now according to mooch so the 30q would be a better bet.

to be honest though I don't notice any big difference in battery life between my older HG2, newer HG2, 30Q or LG HE4

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't notice any difference between the HG2 or the 30Q's on a Reuleaux . Both excellent cells. Just make sure you don't get any fake HG2's, there's been tons of them on the market over the last 6 months or so. On a noisy cricket mech mod, I run only higher drain cells, like the 25r's, or HE2 or 4's.

VU Sponsors