Become a Patron!

26 gauge help..

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guy's.... been a life-long 22g nichrome80 builder. Decided to get some 26g nichrome80 for a faster ramp up. Quick hit! I'm usually around .2 ohms between 60-70 watts(sometimes more or less) on my 22g and it's amazing, just a bit of buildup time when firing. Any builds/wraps/watts/diameter ideas? Thanks!

Also, as a note, I have the new Voopoo Drag mod and it fires twice as fast with the Gene Chip, so I DO have a slight head start on heating up. Just want to try a build that is a fast hit, instead of sucking in a black hole and collapsing a lung before I get my hit lol

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually try to make my coils as big in diameter as I can. And run as many wraps as I can fit. Usually 3.5-4mm for a 24mm rda and 3-3.5mm for a 22mm rda.
And I wrap a coil until the legs center on the posts.

This gives me a bigger diameter for a bigger wick that holds more juice. And more surface area to vaporize more juice.

The actual resistance doesnt really matter much for a regulated mod.

I would try a 26g parallel build. Or, way way way better a 26g fused clapton if you have some 36g or smaller wrap wire. The 26g parallel will have more surface area with similar wire mass to the single 22. More juice vaporized with less ramp/cool time and better battery life.

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually try to make my coils as big in diameter as I can. And run as many wraps as I can fit. Usually 3.5-4mm for a 24mm rda and 3-3.5mm for a 22mm rda.
And I wrap a coil until the legs center on the posts.

This gives me a bigger diameter for a bigger wick that holds more juice. And more surface area to vaporize more juice.

The actual resistance doesnt really matter much for a regulated mod.

I would try a 26g parallel build. Or, way way way better a 26g fused clapton if you have some 36g or smaller wrap wire. The 26g parallel will have more surface area with similar wire mass to the single 22. More juice vaporized with less ramp/cool time and better battery life.

That's awesome... I was actually thinking of doing a parallel build. Thanks!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
try modeling your build on steam-engine.org. start with builds you know using 22g.... then adapt those to 26g.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
try modeling your build on steam-engine.org. start with builds you know using 22g.... then adapt those to 26g.

Yeah, I use all kinds of apps and website to get builds to where I want them. I was just curious about 26g ideas for something new, not necessarily matching 26g to my 22g builds.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I use all kinds of apps and website to get builds to where I want them. I was just curious about 26g ideas for something new, not necessarily matching 26g to my 22g builds.
That's why I put the link... SE isn't just a caculator...... it will actually tell you how how the coil will get and how much it will warm the vapor. And yes they are two seperate byt connected things.

3x26 in parallel maybe 2xtwisted. Will get you close the what the 22g is like..... electrically speaking..... 22g has a much lower resistance per inch.... your tight that's easy....

Take look at the wire wizard. . Get creative.

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's why I put the link... SE isn't just a caculator...... it will actually tell you how how the coil will get and how much it will warm the vapor. And yes they are two seperate byt connected things.

3x26 in parallel maybe 2xtwisted. Will get you close the what the 22g is like..... electrically speaking..... 22g has a much lower resistance per inch.... your tight that's easy....

Take look at the wire wizard. . Get creative.

What is "your tight that's easy"..?

VU Sponsors