Become a Patron!

26 gauge wire cloud chasing setup

All I have is 26 gauge wire rn, what kind of setup should I do to get the most clouds? Also what are yalls favorite 26 gauge wire builds.

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Run a dual parallel build and tell us what you think. That's my favorite so far. With basic round wire, i think you're kind of limited to parallel, twisted, or vertebraid. Mostly my opinion.

I've seen a certain YouTuber whose name I won't mention build a super nano coil using 26g I think. I've also seen him do a sleeper build with 24g but I don't have a three post deck so I can't give an opinion on it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DimSumDom

Member For 4 Years
Depends on what mod I put it on imo. I used to run 5-6 wrap dual triple twisted 26g coils or 3.5mm ID on my Laisimo S3 at 110-120 watts or a dual twisted 26g coil setup in my Noisy Cricket. I cant say anything about parallel builds though. When I solely had 26g wire i couldn't parallel it nicely for some reason and always tossed my produced coils.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
For clouds I like 26g twisted micro coils. For me, personally I love twisted coils. Flavor and vapor production are better than the Clapton's I've used. I think Clapton's are good for flavor more so. I get foggier hits with the twisted 26g.

I used to be fascinated with stove top coil build. Every one I build ( I'm OCD as fuck so it's not build quality) just creates warm to hot vape. Never anything in the way of clouds to write home about.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
For clouds I like 26g twisted micro coils. For me, personally I love twisted coils. Flavor and vapor production are better than the Clapton's I've used. I think Clapton's are good for flavor more so. I get foggier hits with the twisted 26g.

I used to be fascinated with stove top coil build. Every one I build ( I'm OCD as fuck so it's not build quality) just creates warm to hot vape. Never anything in the way of clouds to write home about.

Micro coil micro coil micro coil. Im a bit of both, and I think it runs hand in hand more than we like to admit. More vapor production will give more flavor. I do believe too much vapor on the other hand can mute flavor or it does something to kind of block flavor from absorbing into taste buds.

I have a question I own the valerian mech mod with the kennedy RDA which gage wire should i use for cloud chasing i currently own 24 g 26 28 g and a 40g wire all what builds can i create or what wraps should i use

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a question I own the valerian mech mod with the kennedy RDA which gage wire should i use for cloud chasing i currently own 24 g 26 28 g and a 40g wire all what builds can i create or what wraps should i use

Well, I do have an opinion. I will though allow you to defer to another person's opinion. Why? Because I can honestly admit I don't know it all. The other person to which I refer you, most undoubtedly, can explain to anyone how they know it all.

So without any further meandering, @Carambrda, if you please, ...

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What's the metal type of the wire? A lot of cloud chasers seem to love Nichrome 90, that I haven't used. Are you preparing future plans for trying to win a comp, or want just the fun? Coil options IMO are fairly limited if you haven't got any ribbon wire to work with. Some say framed staples (fraples) get the job done right, but I'm not convinced solid. (Hey bro, psst... did you try that SSFC yet bro? ?) Also, what size Kennedy RDA do you have. There's like, 4 different sizes available. Is it a 2-post version? Using a standard cap or something else fit on there?

VU Sponsors