Become a Patron!

26650 Help Please.

StylishCloud808

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Me and my friend have been vaping for about 6 or 7 months now with our Mech's using 18650's. He has moved up to 26650 and i also would like to but i was wondering in terms of safety and great power output for Sub-Ohm builds, what kind of battery should i buy when it comes to 26650?

Usually when dealing with sub-ohm builds you would want a battery rated at least 25amps or higher. By far this is the best battery on the market. With 3500mAh it will easily last you all day long. Also great power for those Sub-ohm builds you are looking to do. Plus these are on sale right now!

https://www.vaportalk.com/shop/ecig-mod-batteries/imr-26650-3500mah-li-ion-battery/?vtr=222

Just remember to do a little research on sub-ohm gaping and safety if you're ever unsure of anything, it could really save you harm and possible damage to your battery/mod. Cheers!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unless you got a good 26650 mod the sag is gunna SUCK.
you will want nice solid contacts and a low voltage drop mod.

dr_rox

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Do you have a voltmeter and some resistors to play with?

Measure the voltage of the battery.
Then put a resistor in series.
What is the voltage??

What causes voltage of a battery to drop?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

What is the voltage??

That isn't the OP's question. He was asking, what battery to get.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

What is the voltage??

26650 has an internal sag, and added loss of voltage on top of that just makes for a miserable experience.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have heard that 26650 tech isn't quite up to 18650 standards yet. Some talk of internal resistance generally being higher on 26650 compared to similar quality 18650 cells.

I'll soon find out as I'll be grabbing some and a mod for them to go in soon. It'll be duals in parallel though so hopefully that will help some. Having two 3000mAh plus cells in a mod would be epic, but pointless if the batteries simply don't perform well.

Cheers for the above cell recommendations, this has helped me too and saved me creating a thread. Good luck to OP.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah that 3500mAh Efest is the best we've seen. It's pretty good.

26650 tech is definitely not up to 18650 tech, none of the major manufacturers are making 26650 li-ion batteries so it's all chinese cells, and many of them have way overrated specifications as a result. On the other hand the 26650 form factor does have some advantages but I think two 18650s is way better than 1 26650.

VU Sponsors