Become a Patron!

26awg SS sub ohm coil turns?

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How many turns do I need to do using 26g SS single coil to get to point five ohm? Is a standard screw driver to wide? I have mini screw drivers, etc no coil tools so can't really measure in mm :/

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mr vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually do 6 or 7 turns on a millimetric screwdriver, it all depends how big is the loop, i would keep trying different sizes and turns.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did a 6 turn with 26g got point 50ohm which is working for me, first build!
. I cheated and ordered some PRE made coils too, went with Clapton coils at .4ohmIsh

mr vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The bigger you go on the loop you'll need less turns otherwise will need more watts to fire it up, i bought some claptons and they were too big so i straighten one out and re roll it smaller it work perfect for me.
You might wanna talk to the expert @raymo_2_u he is the master coil maker

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How many turns do I need to do using 26g SS single coil to get to point five ohm? Is a standard screw driver to wide? I have mini screw drivers, etc no coil tools so can't really measure in mm :/

Use the steamengine link.. You don't need tools you can use the mini screw drivers.. The big ones in the sets are usually 3mm or 1/8". I'd use that one or the next smaller and wrap accordingly.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup just used thinner unknown awg and wrapped a larger diameter coil with 6 turns and ohms is 1.7. Too high. Box mod doesn't fire quick enough. The 26awg is kinda hard to wrap but I managed.

Or I'm just spoiled with sub ohm coils. Lol

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
U would need to do a Dual 3mm 14 wrap if u wanna get to 0.5 ohm with 26g ss316l.
Around a 6/7 wrap would get u to a single 0.5 ohm coil.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
f39c36e27af6efda2e7bf9c31c8af1b6.jpg
de2358b19c15564817c27f8ab8fc4b0f.jpg
a75c835a21a5df64db488dccdaab5920.jpg

Swapped out them copper internal parts for ss

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dropping in to say I can't wait to try these tricks on my mini plus v2 deck. I'm a noob, total noob to rba.

VU Sponsors