Become a Patron!

26g kanthal & SS Clapton

Just curious Is it possible to do any builds with 26g kanthal and SS Clapton wire together? If so what? Thanks in advance

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just curious Is it possible to do any builds with 26g kanthal and SS Clapton wire together? If so what? Thanks in advance

Wrap them in parallel for a "Staged Clapton" build.
Twist them together using a drill and see what happens.
De-core the clapton and use the core wire and the kanthal wire in parallel.
De-core the clapton and twist the core wire and the Kanthal together with a drill.
De-core the clapton, stretch it out a bit and wrap it in reverse around the core wire and the Kanthal for an "Alien" build.

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not really sure on wraps...haven't done a staged Clapton in awhile and been even longer since I've worked with kanthal. Considering you're using variable devices you can wrap however you'd like and just increase or decrease the power to adjust for ramp up time and vape style

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm using a normal 5-wrap fused clapton setup with 2x 24g Kanthal cores and 38g SS wrap at .18 ohms right now. I just can't enter TC mode with these unless I use my Hohm Slice. That can do TC on Kanthal, but I prefer my RX250 because I can use more power for my dessert juices. Nothing like apple pie e-juice on a warm vape. :D

DSCN0455.jpg DSCN0458.jpg

Btw... welcome to the forums!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors