Become a Patron!

28/32 Kanthal A1 Help and opinion

I thinking of buying a fused clapton for 28/32 A1...I have a big baby beast tank with a RBA coil...will building a fused clapton fit in it? and if yes, how many wraps to get an ohm between 0.2 and 0.3...tried to use steam-engine, and the mobile app, still didn't figure it out. Thanks in advance:)

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't say for sure, haven't used the rba for the beast subohm tanks. I'd think it would fit, 28ga isn't all that large even with a wrap on it. If you can I'd consider trying to find different clapton wire though.

Most prefer to build their claptons with a wider difference in wire, 28ga/32ga is really close in size. Tried some stainless fused claptons with 28ga and 32ga, didn't care for it. Slow to ramp up and when I turned the wattage up to compensate for slow ramp up time (how long it takes to heat from the time you fire the mod) the juice ended up burning. It also retained a lot of heat and kept sizzling after vaping.

With the wire you mentioned, if it's fused clapton (2 cores 28ga wrapped with 32ga all kanthal) then 2.5mm id coils at 5-6 wraps will get you to .6 ohms to .7 ohms. In dual coil configuration it would be around .3 to .35 ohms. Not sure you could get down closer to .2 ohms with kanthal in that high of a gauge. Not without running dual coil at around 2mm id and 4 wraps. That was using steamengines wire wizard given those wire sizes/types and figuring fused claptons with only 2 cores. May not come out perfectly to those resistances but I think it's close.

I haven't used kbee wire but they do have kanthal 26ga and 28ga fused clapton with finer 36ga wrap wire which may work better.
http://www.kbeevapes.com/product-p/a1-2_28_36.htm

VU Sponsors