Become a Patron!

28g or 26g kanthal??

antonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
which is better to build in a lemo, 28g or 26g kanthal?

T

Taver13

which is better to build in a lemo, 28g or 26g kanthal?
i have had the most luck with 26....i have it 10 wrap on a 5/64 bit, and using between 20-30 watts depending on the flavor im using. its about 1.4 ohm

antonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i have had the most luck with 26.. have it 10 wrap on a 5/64 bit, and using between 20-30 watts depending on the flavor im using. its about 1.4 ohm
Cool, i did a 1.1 buid last night, but im using my nemesis, wat do u think, any suggestions or recommendations?

T

Taver13

if your using a mech i recomend going lower, what kind of rda or rba are you using?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
the same drill bit size 8-10 depending on your atty, if it will take a second coil on the opposite side will put you into sub ohm land, not super low.. around .55-.65 there abouts if you want to try sub ohming.
I use my brass nemmy with a 26ga dual build a ton lower than .65 with out many issues since it is dependant on the battery.

I just made sure I had not factory flashing or fragments in the nemy before hand.

T

Taver13

the same drill bit size 8-10 depending on your atty, if it will take a second coil on the opposite side will put you into sub ohm land, not super low.. around .55-.65 there abouts if you want to try sub ohming.
I use my brass nemmy with a 26ga dual build a ton lower than .65 with out many issues since it is dependant on the battery.

I just made sure I had not factory flashing or fragments in the nemy before hand.
the lemo is a PITA to even attempt a dual coil build, but i have done it, but reaped no real benefit from it

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
sorry still trying to recaffinate.
Trying to get out of this benadryl fog, rehydrate and caffine is a weird balance.

T

Taver13

sorry still trying to recaffinate.
Trying to get out of this benadryl fog, rehydrate and caffine is a weird balance.
it is, might i suggest a monster rehab? good for rehydradion and caffeine. back when i used t drink, it was my go too hangover remedy, along with a gatorade

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
it is, might i suggest a monster rehab? good for rehydradion and caffeine. back when i used t drink, it was my go too hangover remedy, along with a gatorade
I don;t do sugar, taurine and guarna anymore... drink one to many on a hot summer day and pass a jagged uric kidney stone you will never touch monster/rebull ever again.
Also the gatorade today is just poison.

BAck on topic... ok you could push a solid 4-6 wrap without running to much risk to the battery and atty.
Vape will be WARM close to hot may mute out the flavor a bit.

antonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Taver13 said:
oh a lemo, duh, um i would say go lower, do a 6 wrap
Thanks, gonna rebuild it later, maybe shoot for a .5

T

Taver13

I don;t do sugar, taurine and guarna anymore... drink one to many on a hot summer day and pass a jagged uric kidney stone you will never touch monster/rebull ever again.
Also the gatorade today is just poison.

BAck on topic... ok you could push a solid 4-6 wrap without running to much risk to the battery and atty.
Vape will be WARM close to hot may mute out the flavor a bit.
i guess it depends on the juice, i find that the hotter vapes with my juice increases the flavor, and your not the first ive heard about the kidney stone thing. a friend of mine who used to drink red bull all day, ended up with a dime sized ulcer from it

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
no worries man, this is my only hobby that I rely on that is simple yet complex, to many varying little things makes it overly complicated.
Some say it is a journey I hate traveling so fuck it get me to the destination as safely as possible.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
You could always try 27 gauge which is what I am using for my builds.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
im about to try my first 26g builds when my wire gets here monday. have 24 and 28, 24 is too much and sometimes 28 isnt enough even though ive always used it. i just crank up the watts when i need some oomph, hoping 26g fills that void

antonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
BigNastypost: 264556 said:
no worries man, this is my only hobby that I rely on that is simple yet complex, to many varying little things makes it overly complicated.
Some say it is a journey I hate traveling so fuck it get me to the destination as safely as possible.
I hear you man, I've been vaping for about 7 months now and i love it, i just started rebuilding for a month now still learning and doing a lot of reasearch!

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lightening vapes has all sizes at the best prices too

HTML:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kanthal-A1-AWG-Gauge-26-28-30-32-34-Sizes-25-50100-250-500-100-Best-Price-/281164962063

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@antonio just about to hit my 4 year hardcore mark. Started in sep 09 off and on due to what was out there to begin with. I've been with the 100 basic mods, the fiddle with that stack this use this route, fucking hate it. I am more a buy once cry once approach now.

@Taver13 Order directly from TemCo or lightning vapes

antonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@antonio just about to hit my 4 year hardcore mark. Started in sep 09 off and on due to what was out there to begin with. I've been with the 100 basic mods, the fiddle with that stack this use this route, fucking hate it. I am more a buy once cry once approach now.

@Taver13 Order directly from TemCo or lightning vapes
Hey Big, any idea why my cotton wicks catches on fire on my kraken? Its a .5 build on zna50 vaping at 20w.

T

Taver13

try rayon, and make sure that the wick is not choking off the wick holes it has to be smaller than the wick holes but fat in the coil, works same with cotton as with rayon

antonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
[QUOTEyou3, post: 264858, member: 12093"]try rayon, and make sure that the wick is not choking off the wick holes it has to be smaller than the wick holes but fat in the coil, works same with cotton as with rayon[/QUOTE]
Thank you, i will try that!

antonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ive noticed a circle on my battery negative side after i removed it from my zna, i think its from the spring on the bottom cap, shld i be worried?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nah slight marking on metal from metal...if hot and scorched with smoke coming from it be worried then.

antonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nah slight marking on metal from metal...if hot and scorched with smoke coming from it be worried then.
Cool...thanks Big! Thanks for all your help,
Thought i just scrapped a new vtc4

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
the spring will weld if there is a short before the battery will vent.

T

Taver13

update, after all this talk, i just threw in a 15 wrap 28gauge in my lemo, vaping at 20-30 watts, phenominal, worth a try as well, if you have a regulated mod, but for your mech, stick with the 26, or 24 if u got it ohm'd out to 2.0

antonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Taver13zna50t: 265290 said:
update, after all this talk, i just threw in a 15 wrap 28gauge in my lemo, vaping at 20-30 watts, phenominal, worth a try as well, if you have a regulated mod, but for your mech, stick with the 26, or 24 if u got it ohm'd out to 2.0
Nice, i have a zna50, will put that on my to build list!!

antonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Which 18490 or 18500 are best for subbing?...sorry for going of topic. That just popped in my head

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
it is not the mah that you use for sub ohm it is the batteries amp limit.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use 28g for my RBA's and 26g for my RDA's

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was using 28 and have now started experimenting with 26. I can get at least 3 more wraps with 26 and have the same resistance as the 28. Seeing how it works with more coil area around the wick material. So far so good, but have not noticed a huge difference with my style of vaping.

HD

VU Sponsors