Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Without measurements, the connector sure looks like a 510

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's this - Ohmega Hybrid RDA.
Careful with it...with hybrids, you kinda really have to know your build/device, etc...
Ohmega_22mm_Hybrid_RDA_3__41048.1465516132.1280.1280.jpg

RenThe10th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's this - Ohmega Hybrid RDA.
Careful with it...with hybrids, you kinda really have to know your build/device, etc...
Ohmega_22mm_Hybrid_RDA_3__41048.1465516132.1280.1280.jpg

Thank you. So it's a hybrid. I'm being as careful as possible, that's why I asked this question. It won't fit in an Ohm reader. Any ideas how I can accurately measure the the resistance? I was told a multimeter scanner would be best but that it wouldn't be very accurate. Any other ideas?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it won't screw into a ohmmeter I would toss it..
Sounds like a accident waiting to happen..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Do you have the bottom part of the tube?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Any multimeter like a meterman would work fine.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He means the Ohmega - do you have that "Stacked" monster with two batteries in a series?
Yikes!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I mean the rest of the mod.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Are you new to vaping? or mech mods?

RenThe10th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you new to vaping? or mech mods?

Not new to vaping, but new to mech mods yeah. I know the series mods are dangerous, now. I didn't when I bought it, and the owner didn't tell me much about it except what build he would recommend. I got it to upgraded from a basic prebuilt coil tank atomizer cuz I wanted to start into RDAs, and I bought this particular one because it was cheap and I hate box mods. Now I know I can blow my fuckin face off with it, so I'm trying to get all the info I possibly can. I know Ohms law, I know my battery safety, I know their limits, I know my volts, I measure my coils and make sure they're uniform. The only thing I'm missing is how to tell my ohms. I can get a guesstimate from the calculator based on coil size and gauge with my amps and volts, but it's just a guess and I want to know for sure.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not new to vaping, but new to mech mods yeah. I know the series mods are dangerous, now. I didn't when I bought it, and the owner didn't tell me much about it except what build he would recommend. I got it to upgraded from a basic prebuilt coil tank atomizer cuz I wanted to start into RDAs, and I bought this particular one because it was cheap and I hate box mods. Now I know I can blow my fuckin face off with it, so I'm trying to get all the info I possibly can. I know Ohms law, I know my battery safety, I know their limits, I know my volts, I measure my coils and make sure they're uniform. The only thing I'm missing is how to tell my ohms. I can get a guesstimate from the calculator based on coil size and gauge with my amps and volts, but it's just a guess and I want to know for sure.
Yes, you are missing the most important part of the equation, you have no idea what the build ohms out at or if there is God forbid, a short. Just don't vape it until you have the answer to that question for your own safety.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Not only is he new to vaping but people have told him not to use that until he know what he is doing and he ignores them

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Which shop did you buy this mod from?

RenThe10th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not only is he new to vaping but people have told him not to use that until he know what he is doing and he ignores them

I'm not new to vaping, I've been vaping for going on 4 years now. I AM new to RDAs and Mechs. I'll tell you again that I listen to EVERYTHING that /EVERYONE/ tells me and I always take it into serious advisement. I haven't used it all day because I've been trying to figure out how to check my Ohms. Now I know that I need a nultimeter for that, and I'm STILL not using it wgile I look around for one. I used the mod for 1 day while I did smme research, and after my research I stopped using it because I fon't want to vent my shit and flush $185 down the drain. I've done my research and I'm getting a multimeter reader before I touch it again. The batteries aren't even in the damn thing just in case. I don't know what else you want from me Rabbit.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I'm not new to vaping, I've been vaping for going on 4 years now. I AM new to RDAs and Mechs. I'll tell you again that I listen to EVERYTHING that /EVERYONE/ tells me and I always take it into serious advisement. I haven't used it all day because I've been trying to figure out how to check my Ohms. Now I know that I need a nultimeter for that, and I'm STILL not using it wgile I look around for one. I used the mod for 1 day while I did smme research, and after my research I stopped using it because I fon't want to vent my shit and flush $185 down the drain. I've done my research and I'm getting a multimeter reader before I touch it again. The batteries aren't even in the damn thing just in case. I don't know what else you want from me Rabbit.
Ok, first..exactly what batteries are you using?
Second.. and this will blow your mind.. IF you can build a good coil, with no shorts, you can actually use http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp to build your coils AND calculate resistance. You need to know exactly what type of wire you are using. Usually going to be kanthal A1, Nichrome 80, or Stainless steel 316L. You can actually enter your resistance as for example 0.257 which will help calculate both resistance and the exact number of wraps and how it affects amps and ohms law. NORMALLY I would use an ohm meter or my mod, but my ohm meter has a 0.04 ohm variance and my regulated mod only reads to 0.09 ohm before getting a resistance to low screen. I also have a non-hybrid 510 on my mech. AND I use top grade brand name batteries, that will vent out if hard shorted vs BOOM.
Short video.. lol buddy is taking NO chances..

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK you're new to building, personally a Hybrid Mech isn't where you want to start, "but" if you are very careful and do your homework you can move along.

Here's my lecture for newbs getting into Mech's. This is not geared towards hybrid's but most applies. What needs to be added is you need to get a multimeter and check the homes on the build before you fire it up. Also when you pulse the coils you need to not over pulse due to you stressing the battery. I'd pulse it a couple of times, then let the battery rest for a min, then pulse again if needed.

You've got a hell of a hot rod here, make sure you do not build below 0.5 Ohms to start, anyway here goes my Lecture -

1. Ohm's law, http://www.steam-engine.org/ makes it easy and there's even an app on it for Android
2. Batteries, fucking batteries, take good care of your batteries and know them!!!!!!!!
a. Avoid shit batteries like eFest who rewrap rejects with grossly inflated amp ratings. Stick with authentic LG, Sony or Samsung from reputable (not ebay or amazon) sources, great places to get authentic are from
http://liionwholesale.com/
https://www.imrbatteries.com/
b. Stick well within Continuous Discharge Rate (CDR) Not the "pulse"
c. Keep up to date with what Mooch tests and battery ratings, follow his posts on Facebook and his Blog
d. In Mod's with multipule batteries, marry them.
e. Get some battery wraps, they're cheap and easy to re-wrap batteries. Any nicks,tears or what ever don't be stupid and just re-wrap.
3. Don't build stupid low a good builder can chuck and get awesome dense vape from a good build. It's simple, with 20 CDR Amp batteries -
a. Single battery mod's you're fine with .2 ohms on up
b. Dual Parallel you're fine with .15 on up. Parallel you take the full CDR of one battery and you can add 1/2 the amp rating of the next battery
c. Series you double the voltage but you share the amp. So a series you build high with a lot of wire, no lower that .4 ohms.
4. Make sure you don't have any shorts. For an extra caution any new build I vape on a regulated mod for a few drips or with a tank about a 1/4 tank. This is to insure nothing wonky with my build or any shorts.
5. Careful if it's not in your hand, if it doesn't have a lock on the button and you pit it in your pocket (which I really don't recommend) insure nothing else is in your pocket and it's loose. Don't want to put it in your front jeans pocket and blow your dick off ya know ;)
6. Last but certainly NOT the least, keep it clean! Clean it when you first get it "before" you even use it and clean it on a regular basis.
a. Ultrasonics are a very good investment, got mine off Amazon for around $25.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Again, a Stacked series hybrid mod you need to be extra, extra cautious. My two bits, get some experience with building and Mech's before tackling it.

But it is what it is

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
42217f525e8936ad4e13a2b86b2fa122.jpg

Make sure you use a Atty with a protruding pin with a hybrid topcap ..
83b9fe4596f41b27d3f0ae8dfc47ee38.jpg

Been vaping my copper BFM mech with the hybrid topcap safely for a number of years...
8e647fb7488cc6ac938540cc4ee03df4.jpg
get a good ohmmeter, learn ohm's law and how it pertains to batt safety.. above all don't guess..practice safety first and your mech should give you yrs of vaping pleasure.. :)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
42217f525e8936ad4e13a2b86b2fa122.jpg

Make sure you use a Atty with a protruding pin with a hybrid topcap ..
83b9fe4596f41b27d3f0ae8dfc47ee38.jpg

Been vaping my copper BFM mech with the hybrid topcap safely for a number of years.. now..
8e647fb7488cc6ac938540cc4ee03df4.jpg
get a good ohmmeter, learn ohm's law and how it pertains to batt safety.. above all don't guess..practice safety first and your mech should give you yrs of vaping pleasure.. :)

He's got a hybrid RDA, can't use an Ohm Meter with it, that's the issue. Only thing he can use with it is a Multimeter

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's got a hybrid RDA, can't use an Ohm Meter with it, that's the issue. Only thing he can use with it is a Multimeter
Ok thx..
And what is his advantage of using a hybrid RDA?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok thx..
And what is his advantage of using a hybrid RDA?

Honestly, only thing I can think of is ascetics. There are major disadvantages as with the issue he's having here, can't put it on an Ohm Meter, test the build or use it on any other device.

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
But we get to watch them on the nightly news when kids dont come in here with questions after buying them!!

kevin littell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
OK you're new to building, personally a Hybrid Mech isn't where you want to start, "but" if you are very careful and do your homework you can move along.

Here's my lecture for newbs getting into Mech's. This is not geared towards hybrid's but most applies. What needs to be added is you need to get a multimeter and check the homes on the build before you fire it up. Also when you pulse the coils you need to not over pulse due to you stressing the battery. I'd pulse it a couple of times, then let the battery rest for a min, then pulse again if needed.

You've got a hell of a hot rod here, make sure you do not build below 0.5 Ohms to start, anyway here goes my Lecture -

1. Ohm's law, http://www.steam-engine.org/ makes it easy and there's even an app on it for Android
2. Batteries, fucking batteries, take good care of your batteries and know them!!!!!!!!
a. Avoid shit batteries like eFest who rewrap rejects with grossly inflated amp ratings. Stick with authentic LG, Sony or Samsung from reputable (not ebay or amazon) sources, great places to get authentic are from
http://liionwholesale.com/
https://www.imrbatteries.com/
b. Stick well within Continuous Discharge Rate (CDR) Not the "pulse"
c. Keep up to date with what Mooch tests and battery ratings, follow his posts on Facebook and his Blog
d. In Mod's with multipule batteries, marry them.
e. Get some battery wraps, they're cheap and easy to re-wrap batteries. Any nicks,tears or what ever don't be stupid and just re-wrap.
3. Don't build stupid low a good builder can chuck and get awesome dense vape from a good build. It's simple, with 20 CDR Amp batteries -
a. Single battery mod's you're fine with .2 ohms on up
b. Dual Parallel you're fine with .15 on up. Parallel you take the full CDR of one battery and you can add 1/2 the amp rating of the next battery
c. Series you double the voltage but you share the amp. So a series you build high with a lot of wire, no lower that .4 ohms.
4. Make sure you don't have any shorts. For an extra caution any new build I vape on a regulated mod for a few drips or with a tank about a 1/4 tank. This is to insure nothing wonky with my build or any shorts.
5. Careful if it's not in your hand, if it doesn't have a lock on the button and you pit it in your pocket (which I really don't recommend) insure nothing else is in your pocket and it's loose. Don't want to put it in your front jeans pocket and blow your dick off ya know ;)
6. Last but certainly NOT the least, keep it clean! Clean it when you first get it "before" you even use it and clean it on a regular basis.
a. Ultrasonics are a very good investment, got mine off Amazon for around $25.

Add one more.

KEEP THE DAYMM THING OUT OF YOUR PANTS POCKET.

VU Sponsors