Become a Patron!

2nt build. Lil help please..

pak-man

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is my 2nd build. For whatever reason it does not taste good at all..not even a little. Been vaping same juice out of a pt3 @ 1 ohm and all is well.. 1st build tasted bad as well... its 28 g. A-1 and both coils read 1.6 for a dual coil resistance of .8 ohms. Using organic cotton. I didn't do nothing to the cotton pre wick ( boil, prep). Set up is an istick 30. Atty is a nimbus v5. Any possible reasons of why this is happening id really appreciate .

uploadfromtaptalk1425280103577.jpg

Scooby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Too much cotton. Also how tight is the cotton in the coil ?

pak-man

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I s twisted the end about a half inch in & threaded it in and pulled it through snug an then clipped the ends. Also some excess cotton tucked under coil too, not much but its there.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try less cotton, and make sure that there is plenty of space under the coil for airflow. Also did you dry fire the coil to make sure there are no hot spots?

pak-man

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm gonna get back to it after work today. Less cotton, check airflow- i will adjust those. I should a added my vapor production was very weak as well & yes Oggy i fired the coils before wicking and one fired like a half second before the other and both start glowing from inside out (mid coil heats first then the rest)

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I should a added my vapor production was very weak as well
Wick under the coil will do that. It soaks up the liquid from the well and over saturates the coil, basically like flooding it. Build looks ok though. You should be good once you cut back on the cotton.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You did clean the atty thoroughly before building to get off any machine oil residue that might have been left from the factory, right? If so then too much wicking is all I can think of - you do need some clear space under the coil and between the coil and air holes.

pak-man

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was definitely getting a "flooded" effect ad if it were a tank. Had a gurgle sound an some juice spitting out the air holes. Thanks for the tip.

pak-man

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You did clean the atty thoroughly before building to get off any machine oil residue that might have been left from the factory, right? If so then too much wicking is all I can think of - you do need some clear space under the coil and between the coil and air holes.
Yes it was clean & there was no room under coils, had cotton tucked under an coild sitting on top of it. Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated.

pak-man

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The first couple hits was ok, then it was downhill from there. Tasted dry an nasty an couldnt figure out why when the wick was pretty soaked but it was most likely dry inside the coil. I'll make the changes in round 3 tonight. Thanks again

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The first couple hits was ok, then it was downhill from there. Tasted dry an nasty an couldnt figure out why when the wick was pretty soaked but it was most likely dry inside the coil. I'll make the changes in round 3 tonight. Thanks again
You may be stuffing a bit too much cotton through the coil, meaning it's compressed too tight to wick - after you roll it in your fingers a bit it should slide through the coil with just a little bit of tension. Try re-wicking with a slightly thinner wick, see how that goes.

pak-man

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You may be stuffing a bit too much cotton through the coil, meaning it's compressed too tight to wick - after you roll it in your fingers a bit it should slide through the coil with just a little bit of tension. Try re-wicking with a slightly thinner wick, see how that goes.
Its was pretty stuffed actually & yea thats good idea. I will rewick and fix all the issues. Thanks

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Its was pretty stuffed actually & yea thats good idea. I will rewick and fix all the issues. Thanks
Remember that the cotton expands after it gets wet, so make it thick enough to where it's filling the coil but can still slide back and forth easily inside the coil.

pak-man

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the help guys, i rewicked with lests cotton ,threaded it a bit loser, no cotton underneath and budged the coils up a hair and a total 180.. phone keeps closing the app when tryna upload pic but ill post one. Thraot hit is very strong compared to a tank. I think thats my nic level 1.8 I think i will have to buy some juice lower in level to continue dripping.. but thanks again for all the help.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome, glad it worked out - and yeah, 18mg is pretty harsh stuff in a dripper. I started at 6 and quickly dropped to 3, though I'd been using 12 and as high as 18 in my old Protanks...

VU Sponsors