Become a Patron!

3 days and counting....

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Heya!

Found these forums looking for general advice, and I have to say this community is very helpful. I started vaping a few months ago, but have been bouncing back and forth to cigarettes until just a few days ago. *fingers crossed* for me please.

D.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU and congrats for getting off the cancer sticks....you'll find a lot of useful info here as well as a lot of folks willing to help you stay off em...

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think a lot of us "bounced", but when I found a flavor of juice that was good tasting I gave up on the smokes. Now that I've given up smoking my taste buds are coming back and a lot of juice that I could not even taste before are now flavorful.
Good luck with your quest to quit the stinky smokes.

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think a lot of us "bounced", but when I found a flavor of juice that was good tasting I gave up on the smokes. Now that I've given up smoking my taste buds are coming back and a lot of juice that I could not even taste before are now flavorful.
Good luck with your quest to quit the stinky smokes.

Finding the right juice really was the answer, at least thus far. I spent forever trying to duplicate the taste of my Dorals, and then moved to non tobacco. Turns out I love Cinnamon. Never woulda thunk it ;)

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to VU and congrats for getting off the cancer sticks....you'll find a lot of useful info here as well as a lot of folks willing to help you stay off em...

Thanks, mate.

Since finding you all here I've gone from completely overwhelmed to moderately so. Great stuff here.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With my burnt out taste buds ,cinnamon was also my first flavor that I could taste. Now I'm finding other fruit and cream flavors have taste to me.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Glad to have you here!
\
Also it is perfectly normal to bounce back and forth between the Stinkies and Vape Gear when you are making the transition.

Back in the "Dawn of Time" I started Vaping using the Cigalike batteries.

Took me all of two weeks to make the switch completely.

At the end of the two weeks, I was starting to hate the Stinkies and the E-Cigs tasted so very much better.

That was several years ago.

Take your time making the switch

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU dantefire, hang in there...you will find your sweet spot to replace cigarettes...I am at the point that I send all the smokers to the garage or outside because there not allowed in the vapor lounge "living room" :)
So I get to sit there with this funny grin on my face.

bryce666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome, stay with it. I'm a 20 year smoker. Off the smokes and on a dripper for 3 months. It's all about the Flav and huge hits for me, you will find the setup you like eventually and never turn back. Good luck!

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Glad to have you here!
\
Also it is perfectly normal to bounce back and forth between the Stinkies and Vape Gear when you are making the transition.

At the end of the two weeks, I was starting to hate the Stinkies and the E-Cigs tasted so very much better.

Thanks friend. I already hate the smell of my car... Kinda crazy.

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I appreciate the warm welcome. Cool community!

draghon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome and grats on the switch. 24yr ex smoker, off the cigies for ummm 5mos at least. Switch to vape w/ no bounce back, wifey cheated a lil bit and now 4mos tar free =D. Just keep that mentality up and dont let any1 tell you 'its the same as smoking' or anything just to take u off vaping. Wifey experienced this alot but shes strong and had me to keep her going at it. Youll hear ppl say after awhile "i thought you were supposed to quit", simply say "I DID, I QUIT SMOKING, NOW IM SIMPLY VAPING AND ITS AWESOME!!!!"

TK Bisher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome and congrats for the jump to having fun vaping instead of just smoking. I'm glad vaping has come into my life and the variety of flavors and devices is unbelievable. I would suggest finding a flavor or flavors that you like and then move on to your mod/mods of choice. Vaping can be really fun and whole lot safer for you and others, plus the people you meet vaping are some of the best!

Amir_Wazir

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I bounced back and forth for a while as well, until I moved up in nic level and got a better setup that put out more vapor.

Once you find what works for you the desire to smoke will fade away completely.

Amir_Wazir

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glad to have you here!
\

It was kind of surreal to start smelling smokers a couple of weeks after making the switch. I can tell when someone is a smoker now from 10ft away, I can't believe I used to smell like that all the time. Stinkies is the perfect term for them. The whole world must have smelled like that 50 years ago when everyone and their grandma smoked inside any building they wanted to.

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How many of you found you loved a completely different flavor than what you started with once you started getting your buds back? Right this minute I'm mostly vaping red hot cinnamon, as its one of the I can truly taste.

jovial_evil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I started vaping eventually stop smoking. In the few weeks has cut me down to 12 a day, was 30+. I have found some flavors I like but can't take any for more than a day at a time. I have some orders out and don't mind switching tanks when I need to.

bryce666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You'll end up liking alot of flavors. The red hot cinnamon ur vaping now can taste a whole lot different in another mod setup also. It's amazing how much your tastes will change the more flavors and setups you try!

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You'll end up liking alot of flavors. The red hot cinnamon ur vaping now can taste a whole lot different in another mod setup also. It's amazing how much your tastes will change the more flavors and setups you try!

Now that it's been a week ish I'm finding the Red Hot tastes completely different. Love it. I've added 8 different flavors now, and I'm changing it up often. Crazy how much different everything tastes with only one week under my belt.

D.

bryce666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good for you. The biggest change for me flavor wise, was s withing to a dripper, the flavor is soo much better.

Dual user myself for two months - went from half a pack, to a quarter and the last three weeks smoking three a day - one first thing in the morning, one at work, one after work. Woke up last Monday morning and grabbed my mini naut instead of a cig, and haven't looked back since. A big part of that was finding my perfect menthol (sans tobacco) juice, I just let it naturally happen. Wish these were around decades ago...Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!

Thanks friend. I'll do the same for you.

I just got home from work a bit ago, and I had to apologize to my wife. I told her how sorry I was for smelling as awful as I have for so long...

I have a new hire on the job who smokes, and as I'm not allowed to vape on the job, I invited him outside to join me while I vaped. It's only been a week now since I quite analogs, but the smell of his cig made me want to vomit. It's funny, because in the past when I tried cessation gum, the smell of cigarettes made me want to smoke so very badly. Not anymore...

One week of this and I'm hooked. I'm never looking back.

D.

VU Sponsors