Become a Patron!

.3 ohm vs. .15 ohm

Listening247

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys, I've got an eleaf ijust 2 that ive been using pretty regularly with a .3 ohm coil, and i figured what the hell, I'll drop in a .15 ohm coil. Dropped it in, let it soak, and the first thing that i noticed was that my throat hurt like hell for the first 10-15 hits, but after that i was fine. This keeps happening when i leave itfor a while and come back to it. Any answers as to why?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys, I've got an eleaf ijust 2 that ive been using pretty regularly with a .3 ohm coil, and i figured what the hell, I'll drop in a .15 ohm coil. Dropped it in, let it soak, and the first thing that i noticed was that my throat hurt like hell for the first 10-15 hits, but after that i was fine. This keeps happening when i leave itfor a while and come back to it. Any answers as to why?
Because you are upping your power from around 58.8 Watts up to 117.6 Watts, in real life it will be less than this but you are getting around double the power you was before, as the Ijust works very similarly to a mechanical mod in this respect.

If you want to use the 0.15 coils, you may want to change juice you are using, or go back to the 0.3 Ohm coils, as you will probably notice a big difference in battery life and juice consumption.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you using a 0.15 Nickel coil in power or watt mode? Those should only be used in Ni temp control mode.

They can release toxic gasses if ran at too high heat in power or watt mode.

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you using a 0.15 Nickel coil in power or watt mode? Those should only be used in Ni temp control mode.

They can release toxic gasses if ran at too high heat in power or watt mode.
This is a good point, I am not familiar with the Ijust 2 and tank, but am certain the Ijust 2 is just a simple to use, plain Wattage device.

If you are using a Nickel or Titanium coil head, take it out now- these should never be used in non TC mode, I have never done this myself but it could also explain the harshness you are experiencing.

darthvaper79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Because you are upping your power from around 58.8 Watts up to 117.6 Watts, in real life it will be less than this but you are getting around double the power you was before, as the Ijust works very similarly to a mechanical mod in this respect.

If you want to use the 0.15 coils, you may want to change juice you are using, or go back to the 0.3 Ohm coils, as you will probably notice a big difference in battery life and juice consumption.
That explain alot for me thanks for that.

Listening247

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It was the nic content in the juice that was causing the problem. I was using a 18 nic juice, but now im at a 6 nic mountain dew juice. Solved the problem as soon as my new juice soaked through. Thanks guys!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was the nic content in the juice that was causing the problem. I was using a 18 nic juice, but now im at a 6 nic mountain dew juice. Solved the problem as soon as my new juice soaked through. Thanks guys!
Wow, no wonder you was having issues lol! 18MG nic is really suited for MTL vaping, and definitely not Sub ohm, Direct to lung hits.

I am glad it is now fine for you though, have you noticed a big decrease in battery life since changing to the 0.15 coils?

Listening247

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow, no wonder you was having issues lol! 18MG nic is really suited for MTL vaping, and definitely not Sub ohm, Direct to lung hits.

I am glad it is now fine for you though, have you noticed a big decrease in battery life since changing to the 0.15 coils?
No i have not noticed a huge change in battery life. However, vapor production has increased tenfold

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No i have not noticed a huge change in battery life. However, vapor production has increased tenfold
That is very surprising. I can imagine the vapour production has increased a lot, but to not notice a difference in battery life is odd.

Do you find due to the extra vapour production, you are vaping a bit less maybe? This could explain why, as there should be a pretty big difference with that type of mod and resistance change.

Listening247

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yes I am vaping less, that is probably why the battery life has stayed the same.

But I am very happy with this coil, as the clouds are bigger and the flavor is more intense than with a .3 ohm coil. i am going to continue to buy these, but possibly upgrading to the istick Pico.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you still using the 0.15 Ni coil without a temp control mod?

Listening247

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My buddy gave me one of his old TC mods to use until i get the Pico. im using his "briefcase" that he had laying around, and it's been working pretty well

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to hear, would suck to get nickel poisoning.
Looks like they also have a 0.18 ohm Stainless coil option, that is probably a good one to try out and you can use it in temp control or regular power/watt mode.

Listening247

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah it would. My local shop doesnt have any .18 coils, but What other brands fit into the ijust 2 tank?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah it would. My local shop doesnt have any .18 coils, but What other brands fit into the ijust 2 tank?
They are Atlantis style coils, so any of the following such as the Vapeston Maganus, Freemax Starre, Anyvape Sega Sub Tank, and a tonne of other tanks use these style coils, so they are readily available.

VU Sponsors