Become a Patron!

.3 ohms 24g/28g Twist Coils

High On Octane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got bored listening to the Broncos get their asses handed to them today, so I decided to do an experimental coil build. I have both 24g Kanthal and 28g Kanthal and have been wanting to do a twist coil. So I took 2' of both and put it in the drill and started twisting. I was able to get four 4" strands of wires from the 2'.
I did two 3/32" 6 wrap coils and ended up testing at .3 ohms in my IGO-W. I had to drill out the center post to 1/16" to get both coils to fit, but was pretty painless. I'm getting a lot more vapor and flavor now, and still running the same ohms as before. According to Vaper's Toolbox I'm running at 58.80 watts and 14 amps. carzy part is that I had to use the regular 24g Kanthal A-1 setting in the app to get the correct numbers. So, twisting 24g and 28g together gives you about the same resistance as regular 24g, but gives you more surface area for your juice to vape. I also tested the wire before I wrapped the coils. 4" of standard 24g Kanthal A-1 test at exactly 1 ohm, the twisted strand tested at .7 ohms, which is why I increased the coil diameter 1 size. So far I am extremely happy with how it's performing.

Vape On!!!

Scottie J

VU Sponsors