Become a Patron!

30Q or VTC6 for Regulated Devices

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am going to be replacing my 25rs and have been looking at these two batteries. Considering the 30Q's are about 45% cheaper and mooches approval of both, I'm looking for some insight into what is the best option for regulated devices.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I am going to be replacing my 25rs and have been looking at these two batteries. Considering the 30Q's are about 45% cheaper and mooches approval of both, I'm looking for some insight into what is the best option for regulated devices.

Thanks in advance.

30q. Sony batteries shouldn't be on the market anymore. They sold the division and issued a cease and desist to retailers telling them not to sell

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
30q. Sony batteries shouldn't be on the market anymore. They sold the division and issued a cease and desist to retailers telling them not to sell

Well they actually didn't tell them to, it's more of a legal way of asking. And what was in the actual letter, was to not sell individual batteries to individuals. So selling them in packs is still complying with their request. Which is why many of the bigger re sellers are continuing to sell them in "packs.". Except for liionwholesale.

But to the original topic, the 30q's are the better option?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Well they actually didn't tell them to, it's more of a legal way of asking. And what was in the actual letter, was to not sell individual batteries to individuals. So selling them in packs is still complying with their request. Which is why many of the bigger re sellers are continuing to sell them in "packs.". Except for liionwholesale.

But to the original topic, the 30q's are the better option?

I haven't seen any test for the quality of the vct6 yet so as far as tested batteries go the 30q and LG hg2 are the top

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't seen any test for the quality of the vct6 yet so as far as tested batteries go the 30q and LG hg2 are the top

Mooch put up his results. I don't know how to read em tho LoLz.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mooch gave the nod to the 30q. Sony gives the vtc6 a 30a rating but when temps get up to... I forgot... 80°+? The constant rating drops to 15a and the 30q's tested at 20a constant.

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mooch gave the nod to the 30q. Sony gives the vtc6 a 30a rating but when temps get up to... I forgot... 80°+? The constant rating drops to 15a and the 30q's tested at 20a constant.
Cool, thanks. Grabbing a case.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is the full shootout. Seems like the vtc will hold a slightly higher voltage, mooch rated it at 19 and the 30q at 20a because it ran cooler.
He actually gave the vtc the win (my bad) but reading it there doesn't seem to be much difference.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...-vs-samsung-30q-vs-sony-vtc6-shootout.757553/

Screenshot_2016-09-01-22-19-18.png

My interpretation, vtc6 for a mech cuz holds higher voltage and 30q for a multi cell regulated mod.

Last edited:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya I've seen Mooch's graphs.
It's funny how the battery that received the lowest manufacturer amp rating, ends up being the one with the highest rating of the three.
Considering the fact the VTC6 is hard to find and costs double then the other two and that the differences between the three are minor, 30Q is still the best option.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors