Become a Patron!

34g and 0.1x0.5 ribbon...

helmet648

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
is there a point in trying to do 34g wire and 0.5x0.1 ribbon? i'm assuming if so you'd want to use quite a few strands of the 34?

anyone ever done it?

Deepwinter

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Depends how many strands of ribbon, you could have 5x ribbon and use the 34 on the outside of the ribbon. Steam engine does do ribbon wire, you can do both on the wire wizard Clapton setup.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

helmet648

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not good at conveying myself. i forgot to mention in a tiger coil type setup, where the wire and the ribbon are twisted.

Deepwinter

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ah ok, hmm not sure what's your main concern to high ohm wise?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

helmet648

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
more just wondering if trying it would be pointless due to yeah either being too low ohm, or just unsafe in some way i may not be thinking about.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
3 strands of 34g twisted with one strand of the ribbon(assuming ka1 since you didn't specify type) will be around 0.54 ohms for a pair of 3mm 5 wraps.
Same build with 316L will be more like 0.28 ohms.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Play around with the Wire Wizard tab on Steamengine.org.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Took me awhile to find it, too. The tabs aren't labeled when I use it on my Android phone.

I just went there to see which tab it is, and the page has changed since I used it last. It has a nice drop-down menu button now. Just click on Wire Wizard from there...but you've probably found it by now lol.

helmet648

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Heh yeah I had thanks though. Still a bit confused just how to work it but I'm sure I'll figure it out but feel free to help me

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'll help if I can, but I'm signing off for tonight. Almost 3am here and me sleepy lol. Hope you make some progress:cheers:

Deepwinter

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is probably the best approach on wire wizard for what you want to do, just keep clicking the plus button to add more wire.

9W97Sjv.png

helmet648

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ohhhhhh that's how you add more parallel wires. thank you! i just kept making more inceptions.

helmet648

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
only thing i wish was on the wire wizard page was the little bars that change color, and the recommended wattage thingy. i should message him on FB (no i don't know him but i have asked him a question about coil wraps before and he's replied, pretty nice guy) and see if how hard it would be for him to copy and paste that code so that this page has some of those features. i almost want to ask him if i can have the source code for everything and figure out how to do it myself for him, or maybe just keep it on a local box for myself. all those formulas.

Deepwinter

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
only thing i wish was on the wire wizard page was the little bars that change color, and the recommended wattage thingy. i should message him on FB (no i don't know him but i have asked him a question about coil wraps before and he's replied, pretty nice guy) and see if how hard it would be for him to copy and paste that code so that this page has some of those features. i almost want to ask him if i can have the source code for everything and figure out how to do it myself for him, or maybe just keep it on a local box for myself. all those formulas.

Yea that would be a handy add on to the wire wizard.

VU Sponsors