Become a Patron!

35A 18650 Battery?

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
"Continuous Discharge : 25A - 35A with 80°C temperature Cut"

Sounds like these are not really 35A CDR cells, which isn't exactly a surprise.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Mooch posted a preliminary assessment this morning on his Patreon page:

"Definitely just a 25A cell. Samsung gave it a 35A temperature-limited rating if you don’t get it hot.

About tied in performance with the Samsung 24S at 10A and a slightly worse performer than the Samsung 20S and 24S at 30A.

This cell’s extra capacity is only seen at voltages lower than we vape at, under 3.2V or so. While this is a great performer IMO there isn’t any reason to buy this over the 24S or 20S
."

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I gotta get me some of those 20S batteries. I even recommended them to someone yesterday, but I haven't used them yet *sigh* chronic I'm broke disease

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess CDR of 25A is about as good as you're going to see out of a 18650. Manufactures need to up their game on larger cells

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I guess CDR of 25A is about as good as you're going to see out of a 18650. Manufactures need to up their game on larger cells
I would suppose that a higher CDR is entirely possible, but it would come at the expense of mAh capacity. I.e. you could probably have a 35A CDR if you were willing to settle for 1500 mAh capacity. Whether something like that gets made depends on whether there's demand for it from the big buyers like the power-tool companies, and my guess is that 25-30A is entirely sufficient for those guys.

VU Sponsors