Become a Patron!

3F Goon clone turning juice red?

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Weirdest thing. When I first got it and set it up I noticed after the first day that my coils were red and tasted odd. Thought it was just the juice I was using. So I set it aside and didnt touch it for a long time. The other day I took it apart and gave it a solid cleaning with super hot water and a little dish soap and set it up again and used my ADV juice. Again I ended up setting it aside for a day or 2, and now going back to it, the wick is red and the juice has a funky fruity taste (not a fruit liquid). Dunno what it is.

My thought maybe is the brass is causing some kind of oxidizing or something, but idk how safe it is to inhale whatever it is thats happening here. Anyone have a 3F Goon clone and have the same problem?

renzyb

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Weirdest thing. When I first got it and set it up I noticed after the first day that my coils were red and tasted odd. Thought it was just the juice I was using. So I set it aside and didnt touch it for a long time. The other day I took it apart and gave it a solid cleaning with super hot water and a little dish soap and set it up again and used my ADV juice. Again I ended up setting it aside for a day or 2, and now going back to it, the wick is red and the juice has a funky fruity taste (not a fruit liquid). Dunno what it is.

My thought maybe is the brass is causing some kind of oxidizing or something, but idk how safe it is to inhale whatever it is thats happening here. Anyone have a 3F Goon clone and have the same problem?
I've had the same issue but not with the atty. it may be the coils you're using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nah its not the coils. I make my own coils and have always used the same kanthal and n80 from the same source since always.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That sounds a bit strange. The coils are turning red like rusty red or? Have you tried it with a different flavor juice to see if the coils still do that? Don't blame you for being concerned, I would be too. I don't have the goon but the only color I've had my coils turn is from bright shiny (s.s. wire) to a dull darker color after using them.

Thinking maybe if you try another juice, then if it happens you might consider the rda being the issue whether because it's copper or something else. If you try another juice and it doesn't happen maybe it's the combination of your adv juice and that rda setup. Process of elimination is about the only thing I would know to try.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My juice always turns reddish when I leave kanthal coils juiced up without using them. Kanthal rust unfortunately:( I switched to n80 to avoid that issue

sent from my droid turbo 2

VU Sponsors