Become a Patron!

4 battery mod

Titanium5000

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a GX350 mod and I'm considering replacing it.

It's physically working fine, but the fire button's black paint is wearing off.

My favourite part of it is the screen on top, I don't mind if its a bulkier mod, I just want it to run at 120W (I use mine currently at around 100W).

Any suggestions? I want the screen to be on top, if it isn't then I'm not really interested.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
T-Priv dual 18650 220, T-Priv 3 triple 18650 300 watt, Geek Vape Gbox 200 three battery (not really recomended), H-Priv dual 18650 220, XCUBE 180 and XCUBE Ultra 220... most of the top screen mods are from Smok...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Titanium5000

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the suggestions there Shawn.

I've actually just recently purchased an X-Priv, which will cater for my 'portable' mod needs. EDIT: This is because my previous portable mod my Smok Alien broke, that mod feels very similar in construction to my GX350 which at time of writing is the only mod I have in hand, X-Priv is on pre-order.

3 battery mods, maybe I could be persuaded, I just like even numbered ones 2 or 4, I have a 4 battery charger and 12 batteries (realises this is also dividable by 3, carries on), and while its obviously only 25% less potential mah than a 4 mod and 33% more than a 2 mod... I'm not convinced.

With all that said, the T-Priv 3 I have looked at very closely, so I might just, buy one and maybe buy a 6 bay charger idk, how many batteries would I want, GX350 = 4x2 + X-Priv = 2x2 + T-Priv3 = 3x2...18 then again if it replaced the GX350 it'd only be 10 so I'd have 2 spare, actually that could work X-Priv = 2x3 and T-Priv = 3x2, but yeah would work perfectly with a 6 bay charger so, I'm holding off for that reason, quite like my 4 bay.

Gbox 200 is side screen, interesting thing though, 8ml juice with some sort of RDA? I should probably read more on it.

H-Priv I feel will have the same paint/durability problems of the GX350, Alien, all older Smok mods, it's also a dual so.

XCUBE 180 looks way too old, reviews from 2015? Ultra is nearly 2 years old, look if its a good mod I guess age doesn't matter, except older Smoks have that paint problem, so anything older than the GX350 by Smok I feel would be a risk there, regardless of how little the risk is, just the hassle of ordering it, then throwing it away if its no good.

I guess yeah this is the problem with the top mounted screen request, they're almost all Smok, wish someone else could do this.

I might need to give up on the idea.

Last edited:

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the suggestions there Shawn.

I've actually just recently purchased an X-Priv, which will cater for my 'portable' mod needs. EDIT: This is because my previous portable mod my Smok Alien broke, that mod feels very similar in construction to my GX350 which at time of writing is the only mod I have in hand, X-Priv is on pre-order.

3 battery mods, maybe I could be persuaded, I just like even numbered ones 2 or 4, I have a 4 battery charger and 12 batteries (realises this is also dividable by 3, carries on), and while its obviously only 25% less potential mah than a 4 mod and 33% more than a 2 mod... I'm not convinced.

With all that said, the T-Priv 3 I have looked at very closely, so I might just, buy one and maybe buy a 6 bay charger idk, how many batteries would I want, GX350 = 4x2 + X-Priv = 2x2 + T-Priv3 = 3x2...18 then again if it replaced the GX350 it'd only be 10 so I'd have 2 spare, actually that could work X-Priv = 2x3 and T-Priv = 3x2, but yeah would work perfectly with a 6 bay charger so, I'm holding off for that reason, quite like my 4 bay.

Gbox 200 is side screen, interesting thing though, 8ml juice with some sort of RDA? I should probably read more on it.

H-Priv I feel will have the same paint/durability problems of the GX350, Alien, all older Smok mods, it's also a dual so.

XCUBE 180 looks way too old, reviews from 2015? Ultra is nearly 2 years old, look if its a good mod I guess age doesn't matter, except older Smoks have that paint problem, so anything older than the GX350 by Smok I feel would be a risk there, regardless of how little the risk is, just the hassle of ordering it, then throwing it away if its no good.

I guess yeah this is the problem with the top mounted screen request, they're almost all Smok, wish someone else could do this.

I might need to give up on the idea.
My mistake... I meant the Digiflavor DF200... Not the Gbox200

I have had no issues with my H-Priv, G-Priv, T-Priv, XCube, XCube Ultra, etc... But, I have a lot of mods I rotate through so no mod gets abused... I have a couple small chips on my Alien... The XCube Ultra is also available in stainless finish.

I'm actually not a fan of the top screen in spite of the fact that I own 7 of them. If there is ever a leak, that screen is just too close.

Another option I did not mention, and it's not a Smok product, is the IJoy Lux. Of course, that's a 2x26650 box, but the battery life is awesome.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Your logic re "only 25% less potential mAh than a 4-battery mod and 33% more than a 2-battery mod" is flawed in the particular sense that the run time of the batteries is not solely determined by their mAh rating. For reasons that are obvious, if the number of batteries is increased whilst keeping the wattage the same, the amps used on each battery declines, but less obvious is the fact that this also causes the batteries to run more efficiently, thereby also causing the run time of the batteries to improve further─albeit the magnitude of this difference also depends on the wattage you vape, your vaping style (e.g. chain vape or not), and your particular choice of battery as well (the voltage sag of the battery also plays a part). So it's not nearly as cut and dry as you would imagine it would be.

That said, I own the Reuleaux RX2/3 as well as the Reuleaux RX300, and, although neither mod has the screen positioned in the top, this does give me first-hand experience with the above explained facts.

P.S., ArcticFox firmware used in conjunction with the NFE Tools software's advanced minitoring and logging capability provides a crystal clear analysis to accurately compare all the various battery options related statistics.

Last edited:

Titanium5000

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your logic re "only 25% less potential mAh than a 4-battery mod and 33% more than a 2-battery mod" is flawed in the particular sense that the run time of the batteries is not solely determined by their mAh rating. For reasons that are obvious, if the number of batteries is increased whilst keeping the wattage the same, the amps used on each battery declines, but less obvious is the fact that this also causes the batteries to run more efficiently, thereby also causing the run time of the batteries to improve further─albeit the magnitude of this difference also depends on the wattage you vape, your vaping style (e.g. chain vape or not), and your particular choice of battery as well (the voltage sag of the battery also plays a part). So it's not nearly as cut and dry as you would imagine it would be.

No it's probably not, but in essence if I have 2500mah batteries and I have 3 or I have 4, I'm basically going to get another 2500mah battery worth of puffs out of the additional battery. It may be better than a proportional increase, or slightly worse, but we can be pretty safe in the assumption 4 > 3.

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Any suggestions? I want the screen to be on top, if it isn't then I'm not really interested.

I don't know about your price range or time frame but the new DNA250c chip is coming out and it'll do 4 cells. But just like the other suggestions I doubt it will have a top screen...

In essence, it is a hard proven fact.

It's almost as if he/she posted a thread asking about the difference between 3 and 4 battery mods... But then you realize that they didn't.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had to lol... You left that one wide open

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had to lol... You left that one wide open

[sarcasm]With so much closed-mindedness going on around here, I figured certain things are best left wide open.[/sarcasm]

VU Sponsors