Become a Patron!

40g alien decore issues

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doing my 1st aliens & frailens with 40gN80. How do you guys keep the decore from twisting up on itself?
7d8ad29aa44af52650ed9356984a0c71.jpg

I didnt think it would be such a challenge! I can do 36g aliens all day long. But this is making me pull my hair out!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
40g is a big jump. 38g is perfect for me and 40g is still pretty hard to lay down with no gaps.
When is it twisting up like that?
When you stretch or when you wrap?
I have to lay my decore on the floor and move any obstacles or similar stuff happens.
Also I only wrap aliens in 2 sections so my decore is shorter.
I make one 12" piece of decore, cut it in half then wrap 4" of core then I hook my next decore on the tail of the last one.

40g SS over 5ply with 27g n80 frames:
0.1ohm. Perfect build for a reload on a tube.
f05281fcdc779ab4885bb6f0cdaf95c8.jpg

Sent from my E5306 using Tapatalk

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think i may just have to learn the other technique. Dont strech the slinky at all and just use my thumb and finger to hold tension and let it strech out as it spins

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It works on 40g. Everything else needs so much tension I don't see how people can stand it.

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It works on 40g. Everything else needs so much tension I don't see how people can stand it.

Ill give it a go. Tried that technique with 36 and i agree it puts way too much tension on the core. Anyway idk why the twisting is so much worse with 40g i got enough to do 1 coil before running for help! //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170516/6f75b97d98c62498124a48e5bb9284c4.jpg[/IMG

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
40g is a big jump. 38g is perfect for me and 40g is still pretty hard to lay down with no gaps.
When is it twisting up like that?
When you stretch or when you wrap?
I have to lay my decore on the floor and move any obstacles or similar stuff happens.
Also I only wrap aliens in 2 sections so my decore is shorter.
I make one 12" piece of decore, cut it in half then wrap 4" of core then I hook my next decore on the tail of the last one.

40g SS over 5ply with 27g n80 frames:
0.1ohm. Perfect build for a reload on a tube.
f05281fcdc779ab4885bb6f0cdaf95c8.jpg

I strech it then it twists as its draped over my side table and lay on the floor. The second time i did it i let it work the twisting tension it built up after the strech. I did that by letting it drape ober my hand as i mobed from the anchor to the end. That helped a little but i think ill just either get some 38 or learn to do it the other way.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just stretch it so it's not touching the floor

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also i remember now that you suggested doing it in 2 sections on a previous thread. That will help too. Thanks man!

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I said that here too bruh.
You can definitely make it happen without doing 38g first. It just takes more finesse.

VU Sponsors