Become a Patron!

510 drip tip vs wide bore

brentona

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I heard that using a 510 on your RDA will give you better flavor than a wide bore. Still a little new to some of the in's and out's to this fun hobby. If that's the case, going to get a little stubby 510 when my authentic Velocity V2 comes in. Obviously airflow won't be an issue there. I have been using the wide bore that came with my mutation x v4 and enjoying it a lot. I just like the low profile look to the wide bores. Thoughts?
Thanks
-- Brent

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends but generally I get a little better, more true flavor with the smaller drip tips. But wide bore wins out cuz I can drip right down the tip without removing the barrel. Just my preference.

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMHO, smaller, thinner 510 "squeezes" out more flavor than the wide bore, but the latter one wins in creating cloud category.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I tend to like the Cherry Vape style friction fit tips. They are a wide bore 510 drip tip. These seem to be the absolute best for me to maximize flavor, any smaller and I lose airflow, and any larger I lose flavor. For tanks with larger "wide bore" drip tips, like my Griffin 25, I use an adapter to downsize it to fit the 510 sized tips. :)

HTH

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
have to say the narrower 510's do seem to give better flavor for me - but think too that there are other variables at play .. TC / airflow / tank etc.
variety is a cool thing tho heh

VU Sponsors