Become a Patron!

510 Threading Issues

Jose Nava

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've never been someone who put much on threads, but I seem to have an issue that I don't see it being mentioned, or I may be looking at the wrong threads, anyway, this is it...

A while back I purchased a Vamo V2 (yeah I know! but it was cheap!) and from the start, I noticed that when screwing a tank (a Vivi Nova to be precise, yeah I know! it was meant to be a beater mod!) I had issues getting the tank in. It would screw in eventually, but it would like wiggle its way in. The tank eventually went in and made contact and all was fine and dandy. I stopped using it for some time, and now, whenever I screw a tank, it doesn't seem to be catching the threads at all. Is this common? Or, did I get exactly what I paid for and should be happy it lasted as long as it did? I can't help but look at my Evic with concern that she too will suffer the same fate as the Vamo. If anyone has any info regarding this thread issue please share.

Much appreciated.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's definitely common, especially with cheaper clones. Once you've hit THAT POINT, however, you're pretty much screwed. Figure out where the failure is and move on. Try a different atomizer with the Vamo, and a different battery with the Vivi, and see which one is the fail point.

BigGunn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Common unfortunately. My Vamo V2 will not accept anything. A little bit of thread seal/plumber's tape on the threads of whatever I'm connecting to it seems to help. Vamos are notorious for their soft threads

What I eventually ended up doing (since I got tired of putting the tape on every damn carto) was to get a 510 shorty extension and tape the threads on THAT and tighten it down as much as I could. Got a V5 now thanks to a wonderful member of this community, threading seems better on it for sure and I hope it lasts!

Jose Nava

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Jeremy. I really don't think it's a battery issue since the device always seems to turn on no matter what. I don't think the 510 pin is adjustable. I agree that I should just take my loss and move forward. No sense in holding on to a mod that was in the 20 dollar range. I do wish to replace my device with some other device, perhaps a Provari, but since I have 3 other devices, I think I'll hold off until I find the right one.

Reactions: jae

Jose Nava

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks BigGunn. Actually, since I am looking for a replacement, a Vamo V5 will probably be the best way to go. Since it won't be braking the bank as hard as the higher end mods. If you really are serious about the threading being better on the V5, then perhaps I may actually get a replacement mod for my V2 a lot sooner than expected. Thanks for the feedback!

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Jeremy. I really don't think it's a battery issue since the device always seems to turn on no matter what. I don't think the 510 pin is adjustable. I agree that I should just take my loss and move forward. No sense in holding on to a mod that was in the 20 dollar range. I do wish to replace my device with some other device, perhaps a Provari, but since I have 3 other devices, I think I'll hold off until I find the right one.
Honestly, test it so you at least know whether the problem lies with the Vivi's threads or the Vamo's. Then you'll know which one to replace.

Also, have you tried using super-thin silver or copper foil around the 510 connector on the Vivi? That might at least keep you going for a bit. I've had amazing luck with kooky quick-n-dirty fixes like that. I used to wear glasses held together by heat shrink tubing, and they were practically more solid than they were before i broke them.

Jose Nava

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Honestly, test it so you at least know whether the problem lies with the Vivi's threads or the Vamo's. Then you'll know which one to replace.

Also, have you tried using super-thin silver or copper foil around the 510 connector on the Vivi? That might at least keep you going for a bit. I've had amazing luck with kooky quick-n-dirty fixes like that. I used to wear glasses held together by heat shrink tubing, and they were practically more solid than they were before i broke them.
I will definitely look into that. My Vivi's seem to be doing alright with the Evic I have. So, I'm thinking it could be the Vamo. I will definitely try the silver foil and see if that helps those threads.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just be careful to not allow the foil to wrap under to where the inner post (what is that? positive? negative?) is. Just use a tiny thin sliver just a few mm wide.

Jose Nava

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just be careful to not allow the foil to wrap under to where the inner post (what is that? positive? negative?) is. Just use a tiny thin sliver just a few mm wide.
Check. I usually refer to it as the 510 pin. But I see what you're referring to.

Thanks!

The Ocelot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sadly, the 510 connection on the Vamo can be a weak point, no matter what version it is. If the 510 threads get screwed up, but the eGo threading is okay, there is an adaptor that can help. Unfortunately, I only know of one vendor who carries it and it's hit or miss if it's in stock.

http://www.ljesmokes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=84_60&products_id=2104

Note: This is an eGo to 510, not the common 510 to eGo.

bobby.q

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Or if you're handy with a soldering iron...
http://www.ecigaretteimpressions.com/accessories/vamo_body_parts.php#v2_connection_area
ape9e7uj.jpg

VU Sponsors