ECF Refugee
dot

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was it the nic, or the pineapple that caused the situation? I've got a feeling that you're allergic to pineapple, the nic just exacerbated it (perhaps).

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
dot

Last edited:

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glad you're okay. What's pineapple vape by the way? Oh, never mind.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Experienced it today......UNPLEASANT.

Took a 7 second pull on a .17ohm built atty with 6mg juice (my normal level) and did the "Pineapple Cough". Too much went down my throat and BAM!! For those of you who remember the gas chamber during your military basic training...it feels just like that. Body temp skyrocketed, nausea, heart palpitations....all bodily fluids wanting to escape simultaneously.....FRIGHTENING. Spent time in the ER today for this. No treatment, just time to "get over it". Hours later I am still sick and my head feels like I have the flu. I can not tell you how miserable and frightening this is....words really can not describe the feeling. Apparently I was seconds from a heart attack.
This is through no fault of the juice or kit.....I have a sensitivity to pineapple vape juices and just went way overboard today.
Jeez, Franny, that's horrid. Today? Today was an unusual day. I'm glad you're okay now. Would you consider lowering your nic? I'd feel better if you did. Don't want that to happen again.

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wow, glad you're okay Friar! I need to be careful with that myself too I think. I vape 12mg juice and I tend to use the same juice when I get the urge to drip for a bit. I really need to mix up some 3 or 6mg juice for when I want to drip for awhile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
dot

Last edited:

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hate, but need to hear stories like that. Thanks for sharing Franciscan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
dot

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow - what a unusual reaction from 6mg juice! Don't do that again, and take care of yourself;)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
dot

Last edited:

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Time for you to go down to 3 mg nic?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
dot

Last edited:

russ81072

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No....time for me to stop vaping pineapple flavours. They make me cough sometimes...turns out the I cough/hiccuped at the end of a 7 second turbo lung-hit. Nic went where nic is NOT supposed to go. Basically the same effect as swallowing a large mouthful of snuff. The initial symptoms were nausea, skyrocketing body temperature...heart palpitations...head to to profuse sweating, every liquid in my body came out immediately. Right now I have a splitting headache, irregular heartbeat, VERY WEAK...dizzy. The nurse, who is a vaper....told me that had my nic strength been higher, it would have triggered a heart attack....and with my severe cardiomyopathy.....could very well had been fatal.
Well glad you are some what ok, do not vape anymore tonight and take it easy till you feel better, and STAY AWAY from pineapple juice. We like having you around here friar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OMG....stop that!
Not news I like to come home to but glad you are going to be ok. I have been nic sick twice and no it is not good.
Take it easy and thoughts and prayers while you are on the mend.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Experienced it today......UNPLEASANT.

Took a 7 second pull on a .17ohm built atty with 6mg juice (my normal level) and did the "Pineapple Cough". Too much went down my throat and BAM!! For those of you who remember the gas chamber during your military basic training...it feels just like that. Body temp skyrocketed, nausea, heart palpitations....all bodily fluids wanting to escape simultaneously.....FRIGHTENING. Spent time in the ER today for this. No treatment, just time to "get over it". Hours later I am still sick and my head feels like I have the flu. I can not tell you how miserable and frightening this is....words really can not describe the feeling. Apparently I was seconds from a heart attack.
This is through no fault of the juice or kit.....I have a sensitivity to pineapple vape juices and just went way overboard today.
You gotta slow your roll, man... gotta slow your roll..

You sure you didnt spill or drink liquid (spitting?)?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Popping in again since I'm home from work. I'm so glad you're "ok". That had to be completely scary. I'll say a prayer for you, too.

Bambua

Member For 4 Years
Illustrates one of the scary things. Vaping 6mg is not bad at all but direct contact with tissue that can directly absorb it internally is very bad.

So very glad you are ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Take care of yourself my friend. Proves that even us profeshinas can have a reaction at times. Love u brother.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
dot

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No....time for me to stop vaping pineapple flavours. They make me cough sometimes...turns out the I cough/hiccuped at the end of a 7 second turbo lung-hit. Nic went where nic is NOT supposed to go. Basically the same effect as swallowing a large mouthful of snuff. The initial symptoms were nausea, skyrocketing body temperature...heart palpitations...head to to profuse sweating, every liquid in my body came out immediately. Right now I have a splitting headache, irregular heartbeat, VERY WEAK...dizzy. The nurse, who is a vaper....told me that had my nic strength been higher, it would have triggered a heart attack....and with my severe cardiomyopathy.....could very well had been fatal.
Guess the part that confuses me, is the nic in other places. I thought lung tissue absorbed nic faster, since it is a direct line to your blood stream.

This is why they always said nic from smoking was faster/more potent then dipping. It was absorbed fsater.

At least that was always my understanding.

Regardless, glad you are ok.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
dot

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
dot

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not saying what you were told was not true @franciscan and because we really do not know what level of blood/nic level you were at before this happened I can see that ingesting the liquid could cause an overdose. I myself especially with my tanks I eat juice all the time and I am now at 6mg see I get buzzed real bad and only avoid sickness because Im on meds for on and off ulcers of strange kinds I would highly suggest you get an endoscopy done I know after I started vaping the first time I licked juice I got real sick well I had some stomach probs on and off and no doubt I had an ulcer that would partially heal then bleed that is a direct line into your system.. Just a thought glad you are ok man gosh we cannot lose you those are just ideas based upon what has happened to me and not to discredit or waylay anything you have said or the medical profession but I also know they miss a hell of alot of stuff..

Glad you are ok man

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glad you are ok!

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Were dripping or using your new Subtank or REO?

Either way, hope you feel 100% soon.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Glad you're ok man. I expected this to be a joke, or at worst a situation of maybe tasting a few too many new flavors. Nic sick, not fun, but not like what you're dealing with. Be well man!

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
no more pineapple!!

Feel better.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor