528 Custom Squonk Mod

Discussion in 'Bottom Feeders / Squonking' started by TxThumper, Sep 30, 2017.

1. TxThumper

TxThumper Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Anyone else excited about the 528 custom squonk mod? I've been looking for my first squonk mod for about a month. I decided to try the kanger dripbox 160. Then I saw grimm greens vlog the other day, where he was showing the 528 mod. I did a google search, and all I could find out about it was a Russian article. I google translated it, and apparently it's going to be released in October. in dual battery, and triple battery configuration.
    The two batt mod is supposed to be $125, and the three batt mod is $135.
    Anyone know more about this?
    Here's the article, if you want to translate, and read it too.
    https://belvaping.by/news/528-custom-vapes-driptech-ds-ts-pervy-j-vzglyad/

2. So619Cal

So619Cal Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I think they will sell. But not sure if I'd get one from 528 direct or any of their vendors.. we've talked about it some in the Squonkers are Bonkers thread earlier this week, some great upsides to it ( triple parallel) down side, its fucking 528 and that 510 looks like Wismecs shit, screws are shit..At least it was designed by Silver Wolf Customs.

I probably get one, but only when 3F/FT/ETC sells their "Unauthorized Authentic" at a huge discount.

3. MyMagicMist

MyMagicMist Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Think I would be in the same boat. Might like a dual battery mod but ... it's a want and not a need. I can wait, wants never kill me.

Pevinsghost and So619Cal like this.
  4. MaLiXs

MaLiXs Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Wow I'm really interested in this product!

5. f1r3b1rd

f1r3b1rd Phantom Pilot Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I needs it ....I really really needs it

6. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Yes

TxThumper and Pevinsghost like this.
  7. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::wave::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Eventually, Bird will become ---> :bunny:. Then, I will :slowclap: and the :zombie::zombie: will make the :bunny: Bird into :pizza:. :confused: not sure that's a good idea. I might forget to :slowclap: and thereby prevent the :zombie: apocalypse ( which translated from the Greek means simply a revealing of something hidden ). I could for example reveal the hidden fact I am a dog. It's the InterWebs after all, no one knows if you're a cricket or a mouse, much less a dog. :)

Pegleg Meg, skt239 and f1r3b1rd like this.
  8. Adam Paseman

Adam Paseman Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:

Um...what are you putting in your juice and where can I get some?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pegleg Meg, Pevinsghost and JuicyLucy like this.
  9. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    It's called humor. I thought it issued out to human beings, naturally.

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  10. KingPin!

KingPin! Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Yeah saw this about time some more dual/triple battery squonkers hit the market there just isn’t enough right now

Not sure I’d want the triple though that will be hefty probably go with the dual if I were to pick one up

11. MaLiXs

MaLiXs Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    A dual one would be enough for some nasty build. Enough for 0.07 ohm with some vtc5a

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

12. Pevinsghost

Pevinsghost Bronze Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Theoretically, yes, just keep in mind that unless you've got a couple hundred dollar Wheetstone Bridge lying around, your ohm meter isn't really accurate to the hundredth of an ohm.

Be careful how you carry it as well, I don't see a lock on that fire button.

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  13. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Got mine yesterday - a double.

Probably not appropriate for most first-time squonkers and/or experienced mech users

Only built it last night, so don't have a lot of time with it yet.

It is solid and quite substantial in the hand, almost too much for my decidedly small hands, lol. And it is responsive

Two big cons: stock bottle is :poop: and can't figure out why they went super-retro and designed it so you have to loosen two screws to change or add the batts :crazy: Now, I knew about the screws before buying and was prepared for that,

Found a workaround for the stock bottle problem - replacing it with something easier to use took a little ingenuity, but so far working well with ZERO leaks

IMG_1128.JPG

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    Pegleg Meg and Pevinsghost like this.
  14. gopher_byrd

gopher_byrd Cranky Old Fart VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    And that ingenious workaround is?

Edit: of course if I had looked at the bonker thread first I would have seen your solution.

15. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    #18950 in the bonkers thread - too lazy to repost the fix, lol

Am interested in other workarounds though

gopher_byrd and Pevinsghost like this.
  16. fartbubble

fartbubble Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, they really should have asked someone to design the bottle system that knew squonking.

That has put the kibosh on me ordering one unless it was super cheap

gopher_byrd likes this.
  17. bmclaurin

bmclaurin VU Donator Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I decided to order the DS despite the known cons. Was just really anxious for a dual squonk because singles just aren’t quite enough punch and/or battery life. It arrived today, and I have to say that I like it. Agree with the earlier comments on the bottle and the battery screw caps. But once you get past that, this thing hits great and feels nice in the hand. Would prefer a side fire button, but I can live with the thumb press. The button has a decent feel IMO for what it is.

Here it is with Pulse 24 BF, dual fused clapton, Ni80 2x26/40, 0.16 ohms, 2xVTC5A’s. It’s a damn nice vape.

[​IMG]

18. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    A side fire would be awesome - but it would probably add more girth and this baby is wide enough as it is :p

19. tommyg1994

tommyg1994 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I wish I had the money for one when the DS was in stock. Hopefully they hear people's feedback and correct any issues with the next batch. A clicky sidefire button would be cool too.

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  20. bmclaurin

Blog Posts:
    OK, so I’ve been vaping on this thing exclusively for nearly a month now. It’s holding up like a tank for me. It’s finish is a tad slippery, so I’ve managed to drop it on concrete twice now. Not a single mark on it. The ability to completely disassemble it so easily for cleaning is a huge plus. Loving the “analog” feel of a true mechanical vape once again. Feels like I’ve come home after a long journey with regulated mods. Right now I’d be hard pressed to suggest another mod of any type that combines so many conveniences in one package: huge juice capacity, dripper flavor with squonk convenience, solid build, ergonomic (although side fire button would be better IMO), true mechanical analog experience, battery life, classic understated looks, accommodates 24mm atty’s, several color options, etc.

If there is ever a version 2, my wish list would include side fire button (if it could be done without messing up looks/ergonomics), a more convenient battery replacement mechanism, and a better squonk bottle.

All in all, though, well done 528 Customs.

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  21. mach1ne

mach1ne Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    a clone of the ds showed up on 3fv today, im wondering if its the same story as their authentic goons?

22. KingPin!

KingPin! Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    What I was thinking

mach1ne likes this.
  23. CrazyChef v2.0

CrazyChef v2.0 Silver Contributor Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I just got a TS today, and after less than 2ml, the fire button got consecutively worse and worse. So I took the whole thing apart, and realized the screw to the fire button can easily become loosened (or the button to the screw, however you want to look at it) - to the point that it will no longer fire. Tightened everything up and now it's fine. I guess as a precaution, I'll have to make sure the button is tight occasionally by given the button a clockwise turn every once in a while to make sure it's still tight.

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  24. bmclaurin

Blog Posts:
    +1 on this. Another thing I’ve noticed (and Grimm commented on this in his review if you happened to see it) is that the fire button can get a little “janky” sometimes, meaning that it doesn’t press completely smoothly sometimes. But one thing that seems to have remedied that for me (and this is kinda weird) is that you need to make sure that the 510 connector that screws into the top of the mod is screwed in firmly. If the 510 isn’t firmly seated, it seems to me that the contact that extends from the base of the 510 to the fire button can get ever-so-slightly angled, and that seems to cause the fire button to depress at a tiny angle as you fire it. Once I got the 510 connector firmly secured, everything seemed to line up better, and now the fire button presses very smoothly. It’s not that big of a deal, as it fires just fine either way. But it just feels nicer when it operates smoothly.

CrazyChef v2.0 likes this.
  25. Zaxxaz

Zaxxaz Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    528Customs said on Instagram that they are not making any more of the DS or TS!

26. fartbubble

fartbubble Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Wonder who screwed who, 528 or China