Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
That would last me at least 2 months maybe even 3 months.

When I see the price of a carton of cigarettes is at the gas station I thought about it and I'm spending about a weeks worth of cigarettes each month on vaping.

That's a 75% reduction in cost.

It's even less for those who can buy one or two mods and be happy and it's even less for people who DIY their own eliquid.

I'd be willing to bet that some well known members of this forum are vaping and spending under $10 a month on it.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd be willing to bet that some well known members of this forum are vaping and spending under $10 a month on it.
that would be me, minus the occasional spending on new gear (which has been higher than normal lately since I switched to squonking a few months ago). My diy costs me about $2/100ml and I am currently vaping 200 - 300ml per month. At my peak I was vaping 500 - 600 ml per month.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I used to buy juices from the sauce, unbeatable quality and price, would get 600-800 ml for $35-45 sometimes even lower. I do diy now and wouldn't say its cheaper, in fact its twice as much than buying vendor juices. Sure you can make more juice at the end but that start up is really bad lol.

Now if I would only vape the higher end brands like the OP or already hoarded 8000 different flavors, sure it would be defiantly much cheaper. Sadly the 600 ml would last maybe 2 weeks around here with 3 people vaping non stop. Its not cheap let's not fool ourselves here.

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
That would probably last me 2-3 months as well. I've been wanting to try one hit wonder's muffin man. Let us know if those juices are any good. I've been ordering from eight vape for a long time now but they stopped shipping to Canada for a little while. I don't know if they started shipping here again or not.

hitti2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would probably last me 2-3 months as well. I've been wanting to try one hit wonder's muffin man. Let us know if those juices are any good. I've been ordering from eight vape for a long time now but they stopped shipping to Canada for a little while. I don't know if they started shipping here again or not.
Will do. Will be here tomorrow. I got my order in place in nic of time last night. Right after I placed the order it shipped 20 min after or so.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last time I did a order bought a couple of bundles equaling 720ml over at ejuicedeals for $60. Just place a new order at brokedick 600ml dessert pack for $62 that includes taxes. Its close enough to me I get next day delivery after ships

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would last me at least 2 months maybe even 3 months.

When I see the price of a carton of cigarettes is at the gas station I thought about it and I'm spending about a weeks worth of cigarettes each month on vaping.

That's a 75% reduction in cost.

It's even less for those who can buy one or two mods and be happy and it's even less for people who DIY their own eliquid.

Present.
Actual consumables per month will run around $10.
Just made a 120 ml bottle of Cromwells Custard for about $1.45.
Good for a week on that.
Still not halfway thru a $4 bag of CBV2 after around 2 months.

Just recently received 4 $.99 10 stick bags of CBV2. Mebbie a clone but seems fine.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I do diy now and wouldn't say its cheaper, in fact its twice as much than buying vendor juices.

I can't help but wonder where/what you buy if your DIY is twice as much as budget juice - my l liter of 100mg Nic that cost $50 shipped is over two years old and not even half gone, and I have been sharing it will my cousin for about a year now

Amazon sells PG/VG on the cheap, and flavorings can be had for well under $2 each while you find your recipes, etc

While you can spend quite a bit upfront, I figured out how to help one person get started for $30

I generally mix 250 ml at a time and it costs about $2 give or take. Think the most expensive one I make costs $2.80

I vape about 30ml per day

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep even at $60 for 1 gal of PG and 1 gal of VG it lasts me well over a year.
Got $40-50/L 100 mg nic in the freezer.
About $13 for 4 oz of flavoring...

for my first couple of years of vaping I spent 1/4 - 1/3 on vaping as what I did on smoking.
However now I have lots of mods and attys and such and now just for the most part get consumables.
I have set my vape budget for this year at $20/mo. Which will include consumables.
Not to say that I will not see some piece of equipment that I just cannot live without though :D

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I can't help but wonder where/what you buy if your DIY is twice as much as budget juice - my l liter of 100mg Nic that cost $50 shipped is over two years old and not even half gone, and I have been sharing it will my cousin for about a year now

Amazon sells PG/VG on the cheap, and flavorings can be had for well under $2 each while you find your recipes, etc

While you can spend quite a bit upfront, I figured out how to help one person get started for $30

I generally mix 250 ml at a time and it costs about $2 give or take. Think the most expensive one I make costs $2.80

I vape about 30ml per day
That's correct if you stick with Tfa, fw and maybe a fa or cap flavor here and there. And if you then have only a total of 1-5 % of overall flavoring in juices, keeping it to single or maybe a 5max flavor mix. Also if vaping 70/30 mixes and/or below and as many even vape higher ohm.

But I'm more the one that has multiple flavors at all time around the house, just like I've done with store bought, my mixes are mostly max VG, I use flv/hs/ooo/fafa/inw most of the time, a 10/15ml bottle is between $2.50 - $17.49 try buying the 4oz of that lol. I mostly have a overall flavor percentage of 12-18% in my juices, using more than 1 or 2 flavors. I know its my own fault and I'm not complaining, but pointing out that if you do go that route, at the beginning start up is higher than store bought juice that month. It will lessen after you've got the majority of flavors and truck loads of VG lol. Nicotine lasts me a long time as well, same as pg but VG and flavors, well you get the point.

Now multiply that by 3 because I don't just mix one juice for myself, I give it to my friend, then there's my husband and yeah we easily run through 60ml juice a day, depending what setups we using. And let me not even start with equipment needed at the beginning, sure you can make juices by drops or by volume with cheap syringes and I don't knock that, for me personally that didn't work.

lexie3

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
DIY juice is way cheaper than the cost of smoking, its the 'other stuff' that's a killer. The million tanks some of us must have.. or the upteenth mod we buy lol. But if it wasnt on the must haves, it would just be on something else we have to have, so you really cant count that in the cost

All kidding aside, it can be done so inexpensive and no comparison to cost of cigs

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
That's what I do, order a lot at once. Here's my orders from the last few days. One is for 1100ml and the other is 570ml
3859cc4a1394be0c8a9535837a5a21f2.jpg
bb784c8f4667c036acdecc63a745492a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors