Become a Patron!

7 New(2016) Flavorah Tobaccos

Mister_Moonshine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There are a lot of tobacco flavors out there I'd say are a "good try", not truly a success. But a few have been very different and so far Flavorah and Inawera have had the most success for me. With Flavorah's Cured Tobacco being my gold standard. That said you can imagine how excited I've been with Flavorah releasing a ton of new Tobaccos. Here are my thoughts on the initial 7 I ordered.

All flavors tested in a 65/35 VG/PG Mix, Theorem RTA with dual tiger coils @ .2 Ohm, 50 -60 watts.

1 – Connecticut Shade: Richly flavored aromatic pipe tobacco. I believe this type of tobacco leaf is used in cigars which would be a great use for this flavor. The aroma of this is a dead ringer for Inawera’s Black For Pipe crossed with Hangsen’s Arabic Tobacco. It has the rich accent flavors similar to INW and the earthy mustiness of the Hangsen. The taste though is bit different than either, with Chocolate and Coffee subtly blended in a more realistic “wet” tobacco flavor. Not as dry, fruity and smoky as black for Pipe, and more like an actual tobacco than the Hangsen.

Absolutely delicious and definitely can be used stand alone. Try 3.5%. The aroma after steeping for 2 days seems a bit too strong but the flavor is pretty on point. This one you can tell will steep out even better with time. With mixing I’m sure it will be possible to move this either in a more dessert/sweet direction or in more of a true pipe/cigar direction. Likely winding up as the dominate flavor. Yum!

Rating: 9 out of 10

2 – Classic Cigarette: Wow another delicious flavored pipe tobacco. This time it’s nutrageous! Incredibly realistic fresh, hot roasted peanut flavor over a smoky base. I’m not too sure about calling this a classic cigarette flavor but it’s really terrific nonetheless. A true desert tobacco champ… I think of this as RY4 Double’s(TFA) nutty first cousin. If you like peanuts then order this right away as it may be the most realistic salty roasted peanut flavor I’ve ever tried. Even a bit better than Flavorah’s actual peanut flavor I think, although quite similar. Maybe it’s the smoky roasted quality that’s so compelling. It’s like eating them still hot at a fair or ballgame after smoking a cigarette. Perhaps the peanut is a bit strong relative to the smoke element, possibly too much for some folks. 1 point taken off for that and 1 off for the not very accurate name.

Smelling the bottle along with RY4 double actually made my mouth water instantly. Also Brown Sugar Extra(TFA) smells like a divine match. Seriously, you can make a killer RY4 type dessert vape with this… I can’t wait to start mixing! Try 3.5% stand alone.

Rating 8 out of 10

More to follow soon!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for the review! Looking forward to the rest. Where did you buy these? FLV direct? Or are they at ECX or BCF?

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nice reviews ! Keep em coming :) I hope the Commercial Cigarette is straight up cig flavor with lots of tar taste :D

Mister_Moonshine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Where did you buy these? FLV direct? Or are they at ECX or BCF?
Straight from Flavorah this time. I haven't seen these hit the other shops too much yet.
I hope the Commercial Cigarette is straight up cig flavor with lots of tar taste :D
Yeah it seems to be actually! It's definitely not a dark, rich pipe tobacco. More of a dry cigarette with a bite. I'm going to play around with the percentages and steep time on that one before reviewing.

I think Native Tobacco will be next up.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Straight from Flavorah this time. I haven't seen these hit the other shops too much yet.

Yeah it seems to be actually! It's definitely not a dark, rich pipe tobacco. More of a dry cigarette with a bite. I'm going to play around with the percentages and steep time on that one before reviewing.

I think Native Tobacco will be next up.
Cool ! I'll be ordering that on my next order then. Thanks man :)

Mister_Moonshine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
3 – Native Tobacco: This one is more subtle than the two above. Not a light flavor, but more of the “body” of a tobacco rather than a flavored tobacco or accent note. It lacks the non-tobacco flavors of the two above or Red Burley. This is a dark ryo cigarette or pipe tobacco base, with an earthiness that’s very realistic and natural. A bit more aromatic than Cured Tobacco, but similar. Also quite similar to the base tobacco notes in Red Burley and Classic Cigarette. This would be terrific as 75% of a mix, adding in just a few hints of accent flavors. It’s also complete enough to vape on its own for sure, 2.5–4%.

The bottle smells a bit funky in a sour way, but after a week (+/-) steep that is completely gone. I believe a few of these have ingredients along the lines of an acid similar to vinegar. As bad as that sounds I think it’s actually a great thing as finally here are tobaccos that are not too sweet. They seem great for balancing out all the sweet tobacco flavors out there, finally making some of them useable. Not that I’ve done much of that just yet but it’s fairly easy to tell that should be the case.

I decided not to continue with the numbered ratings as I don’t believe they’re needed.

VU Sponsors